West Semi-Final Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Very good play calling on this drive...great mix.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
MikeAK
All Star

Great drive... time to finish it off
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Nice drive shaping up to run out Q1 and the headwind.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
almo89
Legend

Great diving block by Arceneaux to free up Gore on the screen.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lulay looked sharp so far.
jcalhoun
Starter

Hey all,

I love that last play of the 1st quarter. Lulay has the option for the quick pass to the WR on the LOS/Sideline, or can pump fake and go for the deeper route, as he's done two or three times now. The great thing is you can see the Riders are going to pick up and this and jump the deeper route, and that is when Lulay will hit an even deeper man.

Cheers,

James
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Pathetic punt by McCallum. What's his excuse ? He's played in Regina for over 10 years. :bang:
Suits claimed that Foley got a piece of it but I don't buy that. Paul did have a hard time getting it away with Haidara forgetting to make the block, and I give him credit for at least getting it away and kicking it away from the returners.
You must mean Forde or Black. Suitor did the Ham/Mtl game.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Lulay looked sharp so far.
He's making the throws but he is hanging onto the football before he throws....
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The whole offence looks sharp.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Logan leaps in for the major!
Blitz
Team Captain

Great run by Logan....speed...wow.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

What did Moore do for that ObjCon flag?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Excellent blocking on Logan's run
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Pathetic punt by McCallum. What's his excuse ? He's played in Regina for over 10 years. :bang:
Suits claimed that Foley got a piece of it but I don't buy that. Paul did have a hard time getting it away with Haidara forgetting to make the block, and I give him credit for at least getting it away and kicking it away from the returners.
You must mean Forde or Black. Suitor did the Ham/Mtl game.
I know, it just hit me when they showed them on camera. Fixed.
almo89
Legend

That was a well called drive. It was nice to see a screen pass and using Harris on the outside instead of the usual off tackle for a loss play