Lions 24 - Riders 22 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. DEMARCO 18/33 208 2 0
B. PIERCE 2/3 16 0 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
S. GORE 6 74 1 20
C. TAYLOR 4 55 0 22
E. JACKSON 4 32 0 18
N. MOORE 3 52 1 43
A. HARRIS 3 11 0 7

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
A. HARRIS 7 27 0 12
T. BROWN 4 20 0 11
T. DEMARCO 2 1 0 1
S. GORE 1 24 0 24

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
K. WILLIAMS 0 0 1 0
J. WESTERMAN 0 0 1 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
P. MCCALLUM 2/2 32 2/2 8

Punting NO AVG NET LG
P. MCCALLUM 12 42.8 398 53
T. BROWN 2 6.5 13 8

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. BROWN 4 39 9.8 20 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
P. MCCALLUM 3 202 94 1

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. BROWN 2 40 20.0 23 0
M. IANNUZZI 1 28 28.0 28 0
R. LUMBALA 1 8 8.0 8 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
D. MARSH 13 0 0 0
C. PARKS 7 0 0 0
K. BANKS 6 0 0 0
J. BELL 5 0 0 0
A. BIGHILL 5 0 0 0
S. ELIMIMIAN 2 0 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 2 0 0 0
A. LAROSE 2 0 0 0
E. TAYLOR 1 1 0 0
K. SMITH 1 1 0 0
K. WILLIAMS 1 0 0 0
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. DURANT 35/52 326 2 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
T. SMITH 10 104 0 32
C. GARRETT 7 64 1 37
W. DRESSLER 6 47 1 16
G. SIMON 5 60 0 14
R. BAGG 4 22 0 13
C. GETZLAF 3 29 0 13

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
C. GARRETT 9 30 0 7
D. WILLY 2 2 0 1
D. DURANT 1 7 0 7

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
D. DURANT 2 2 0 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
C. MILO 2/4 47 1/2 7

Punting NO AVG NET LG
R. SCHMITT 9 47.1 385 68

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. JACKSON 11 115 10.5 33 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
R. SCHMITT 4 240 70 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. JACKSON 1 17 17.0 17 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
C. BUTLER 6 1 0 0
C. THOMAS 5 1 0 0
R. FOLEY 4 2 0 0
J. CHICK 3 0 0 0
T. MAZE 2 0 0 0
E. RUSS 2 0 0 0
M. MCCULLOUGH 2 0 0 0
P. MILLER 2 0 0 0
E. KUALE 2 0 0 0
K. SHOLOGAN 1 0 0 0
T. BRACKENRIDGE 1 0 0 0
D. DURANT 1 0 0 0
B. PETERS 1 0 0 0
G. NEWMAN 1 0 0 0
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

holy demarko.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

We're alive. We're alive, and we are in the hunt.

Nice win in Regina.

Way to go, Thomas. :thup:

Not to get too excited. Three losses in a row for the Riders. They have fallen hard.

Sheets was out, and their offence was not all that good.

Durant was awful, and then good, and then awful again. He took all the reps this week. His injured pinky finger on his throwing hand caused him to constantly fiddle with the bandage during the game. He did rack up lots of yardage.

Milo hits the upright twice.

The Riders did not bring much pressure on DeMarco. Richie Hall is not much of a pressure defence guy.

Our O sputtered quite often. Many two and outs.

Running game not evident.

Nice to see Buck in our uniform once again. The down time on the sideline helped relax DeMarco. He never lost confidence, but the different viewpoint helped him.

DeMarco kept his cool, and made some huge plays. :thup:

Our defence kept the rather inept Riders' offence in check.

Draw play to Harris. Suitor: "One of the gutsiest calls by Jacques Chapdelaine in recent memory, an excellent call. A surprise for sure."

But we will take the win, and get out of town. Fast.

Sure looked like a homer call on Wilson.

Exciting CFL finish.

Back later ...
South Pender
Legend

Are you kidding me? Can it get more exciting than that? :cheer:
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

always nice to end up on top and extra sweet in greenville.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Thomas Demarco thanks for proving me wrong!!! What a win!! Some clutch clutch throws by the kid when it mattered the most. Add BC to the list of young QBs clutching up for their teams. It really is a remarkable storyline of the 2013 season.

Really thought the Lions were destined for 3rd with a loss today. Now 1st place is back in their sights with destiny in their own hands. Should be a fantastic stretch run.
South Pender
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:Thomas Demarco thanks for proving me wrong!!!
Me too; I had little hope for him. Love being proven wrong.... :wink:
lion24
Legend

Great character win today after I thought we blew another one in the end. Ianuzzi's return was also a big part of the winning drive. Great game by the defence overall and I thought the call on Wilson was questionable but so were the roughing the passer calls against the Riders. I thought SolE looked like a shadow of himself,maybe hurt still? and Harris seems to have a lack of explosion this season? Anyway,great win regardless :rockin:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Was feeling towards Montrealish. Lions do more than enough to win but don't put up the points. Riders play terrible but able to score a late touchdown to give them the lead. Snapping victory from the jaws of defeat feels really, really good. Those Riders and their fans must be hurting tonight. THought they'd stolen one but the Lions offence bails everybody out (especially themselves) with a late drive for the winning field goal.....

Wow! I liked how Demarco played. In some ways I wonder if his recievers were why the offence struggled at times. Certainly everybody was on the same page when it really mattered. I love watching this BC defence play. Did Taylor play well because he played better or are the other options forcing teams to give him space? Our D-line just seemed to be there.

Before the game I thought it would come down to turnovers and whether Durant could overcome the loss of Sheets. IMO, that was a large factor in the Riders losing and Lions winning. Durant struggled with two snaps. Had three easy interceptions he got away with.

Lions tackling? Fun to watch.... Lions coaching? Seemed happy and emotional today and certainly got the job done. Lions defence? again fun to watch. I am so looking forward to seeing this team play in the new Bomber stadium!!!!
swervynmerv
Legend

Got to go to the game today and see the Lions come up with a HUGE win. Nothing better than hearing that stadium go absolutely silent. A couple of early thoughts:

1. Great first game by De Marco. Wasn't a Picasso, but he got the job done and showed leadership and throws a good ball. Too bad he wasn't three inches taller!

2. The Riders are not as good as people thought they were.

3. I've never seen a fan-base turn on their team like Rider fans do. The stuff they yell at Durant is downright rude. I don't think opposition fans treat him as poorly as Rider fans do.

4. Great game of tacking by the Lions D. Poor job of catching sure interceptions. Can we please get rid of JR La Rose?

5. Still need to find a way to use Harris more.
CardiacKid
Legend

For all the haters out there, DeMarco can put a little stink on the ball.

Josh Bell had a real solid game, along with the interior guys Taylor and Westermann.

Hope Stu Foord is not too badly hurt but that injury was cringe-inducing.

Got to wonder if Geroy got the record on that final drive, would they have stopped the game to celebrate and stall the Rider's momentum? Who decides that? The league or the home team?

Exciting game, gave me palpitations. So glad we don't have to talk about that roughing penalty on Wilson.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Can't believe Marsh had 13 tackles this afternoon.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:3. I've never seen a fan-base turn on their team like Rider fans do. The stuff they yell at Durant is downright rude. I don't think opposition fans treat him as poorly as Rider fans do.
Just wandered over to riderfans.com for some reaction:

"Durant should be embarrased [sic]"

"Riders make another ROOKIE QB look like Hall of Famer"

"Another slight lead, another inexperienced QB chews up our D to get the win"

"So Ritchie hall sends 4 against A Rookie QB"

"ANd there goes a home play off game ........."

"Can the Eskimos Still Catch us ?"

"It looked like we were playing our backup QB"

"What a crap fest. Worst offensive half since 2011"

And these are only the thread TITLES. I haven't even gotten to the actual posts yet. Don't think I'll even bother; it's too easy.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

I'm relieved that the last minute Riders TD wasn't by Geroy. Winning the game and setting the record with the TD would have been too much for the media's green machine.