So what's the verdict on the alternate unis?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

How would you rate the Lions' new 3rd uniforms?

Absolutely fantastic!
59%
I like them
20%
Meh - don't love 'em, but don't hate them either
5%
Not my thing, baby!
9%
Hate them
7%

Total votes: 56
MikeAK
All Star

Yeah I don't understand how some of us can be so negative towards these. They are freakn' awesome in just about every way. Best jerseys in the CFL by a country mile.
jmc24
Rookie

Pretty cool alternate jersey.....And that's what they are...an alternate. The helmet is the coolest part. Wally wanted a 'big game jersey' like he had in Calgary. They will wear them again October 4th versus the Riders.
Upper Bowl
Starter

Thanks for the video Almo.

jmc24 wrote:They will wear them again October 4th versus the Riders.
Is that confirmed, or your prediction?
Rammer
Team Captain

Upper Bowl wrote:Thanks for the video Almo.

Pretty sure you can mark that on the calender in permament marker, jmc works with the Lions.
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Prediction: Most popular alternate jersey will be Elliminian. A bad ass player for a bad ass jersey. :thup:

That's the one my 15 year old son wants and me too. LOL
mws
Starter

That is a mean, nasty, intimidating uniform. It'll be tough going back to the Creamsicle/A&W look.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:Here you go guys

[video][/video]
Great, thanks for posting. I really like shot of Lulay with the orange jersey and the new helmet too. But, I like the look of the full 'gun metal black' unis.....
Upper Bowl
Starter

Rammer wrote:

Pretty sure you can mark that on the calender in permament marker, jmc works with the Lions.
Then here's to hoping he posts more often!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

There was a nice feature on Global Sports about the new unis. Dennis Skulsky said they had 750 brought in and for all intent and purposes has been sold.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The numbers have to be visible BUT how do you fix that problem now they are already made.

To suggest they shouldn't care about that is not smart unless they just want fans who know the players already as that is what numbers AND names on the back are for - to let fans who are interested know who did what. I can tell you that the LAST time I value at games is being asked constantly by friends and family - 'who did that' type of questions all game nor do I want to have to ask my friends.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I stopped by Ric's on the way through Chilliwack. Being in the business they were aware of the pending release of something new but were led to believe early October would be the day. Now they're scrambling to try getting some stock in for their fan day this weekend. Having their retailers caught be surprise too might've been all part of the overall strategy to keep things a secret until the team debuted them to the world as they ran out of the tunnel.

It's interesting marketing. Usually there is some sort of official unveiling or at least tip that a new jersey or alternate will be worn in advance of a game. This time it came totally out of the blue with no warning. I wonder if that total surprise to the marketplace doesn't create more of a feeding frenzy or instant demand than had folks known they were coming. Under the traditional method I think interest could fade slightly before the jerseys would be available to the public. This time it was like shock treatment. WHAM! They are absolutely the talk of the CFL across Canada. Everybody wants one now. Heck even Milt Stegall last night said as much as he loves his #85 in Bomber colours he's got to get himself a #85 in these new Lion colours.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
jmc24
Rookie

Rammer wrote:

I think Rammer said that in jest as I do not work for the team....It is merely my prediction , but it will be right
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:The numbers have to be visible BUT how do you fix that problem now they are already made.

To suggest they shouldn't care about that is not smart unless they just want fans who know the players already as that is what numbers AND names on the back are for - to let fans who are interested know who did what. I can tell you that the LAST time I value at games is being asked constantly by friends and family - 'who did that' type of questions all game nor do I want to have to ask my friends.

Treat the numbers with lime juice and then turn out the lights at the stadium...you will see the numbers then...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
MexicoLionFan
Legend

mws wrote:That is a mean, nasty, intimidating uniform. It'll be tough going back to the Creamsicle/A&W look.

They are mean, nasty, intimidating Uni's...they are a match made in heaven with our defence...

Albert Einstein
MexicoLionFan
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:Prediction: Most popular alternate jersey will be Elliminian. A bad ass player for a bad ass jersey. :thup:

That's the one my 15 year old son wants and me too. LOL

I phoned in to get an Elimimian jersey in the new black, but they won't be selling customized names until September...

Albert Einstein