Which player will have the most receiving yards in 2013?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who will be BC's leading receiver in 2013?

Emmanuel Arceneaux
33%
Akeem Foster
No votes
Shawn Gore
29%
Andrew Harris
No votes
Marco Iannuzzi
8%
Ernest Jackson
No votes
Nick Moore
17%
Courtney Taylor
13%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 24
David
Team Captain

Poll Question:

Which player will be the Lions' leading receiver this year in terms of most receiving yards?

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Gotta be Manny ...

Although we have some guys that could put up serious numbers.
David
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:Gotta be Manny ...

I don't disagree WestCoastJoe, but we were last in the league last year in plays over 20 yards. Stretching the field with the deep ball was not our calling card last year, although that could change of course with an explosvie wideout like Manny. Something to consider though.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:

I don't disagree WestCoastJoe, but we were last in the league last year in plays over 20 yards. Stretching the field with the deep ball was not our calling card last year, although that could change of course with an explosvie wideout like Manny. Something to consider though.

Remember how well the combination of Manny and Lulay were in his 1000 yard season, long balls were MA's in 50/50 situations. But I suspect that it is more prudent of Lulay to toss off the short pass given our OL situation, and I expect Gore to be the top yardage maker, unless he gets hurt.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:

David,

Few big plays? Could that be because Geroy and Arland didn't have the breakaway speed? I wouldn't think Nick Moore is the greatest at run after catch, although I believe in him. Gore was mostly used for shorter routes it seems to me. Foster did not seem to have the long gainers of the previous year. E Jackson seemed like our deep threat.

Personally I am not concerned about the relative lack of longer plays. Our O was very productive.

I think Manny can make the longer plays. Maybe with a younger receiver roster the entire group will have more long plays.

At this time, count me ... Not worried about the average gain per pass.

Blitz and MexicoLionFan can speak to this, as can other bloggers, but it seems to me we did not have many "burners" in our receiving corps last year. Geroy and Arland? Not burners. Paris? Not a burner. Iannuzzi fast enough. Moore not a pure burner, but can get open deep. Taylor could be a deep threat. E Jackson can be a deep threat. Gore has not been used in that fashion. And it may be that JC has more of an interest in ball control than taking shots deep. (A poor team can take shots deep all game, with mixed results, but probably good average per gain.) Not being an advocate for ball control offence, per se, but kind of defending our overall offence from last year.

Again, I am not worried about the average gain per pass, as I see our O being very diverse and effective.
darell
prospect

If Korey Williams wins the job as returner we could also use him to stretch the field as a receiver. that would give Lulay a legitimate deep threat and would be a great compliment to our big versatile receivers who can work the middle of the field.
Spud387
Champion

WestCoastJoe wrote:
David wrote:

David,

Few big plays? Could that be because Geroy and Arland didn't have the breakaway speed? I wouldn't think Nick Moore is the greatest at run after catch, although I believe in him. Gore was mostly used for shorter routes it seems to me. Foster did not seem to have the long gainers of the previous year. E Jackson seemed like our deep threat.

Personally I am not concerned about the relative lack of longer plays. Our O was very productive.

I think Manny can make the longer plays. Maybe with a younger receiver roster the entire group will have more long plays.

At this time, count me ... Not worried about the average gain per pass.

Blitz and MexicoLionFan can speak to this, as can other bloggers, but it seems to me we did not have many "burners" in our receiving corps last year. Geroy and Arland? Not burners. Paris? Not a burner. Iannuzzi fast enough. Moore not a pure burner, but can get open deep. Taylor could be a deep threat. E Jackson can be a deep threat. Gore has not been used in that fashion. And it may be that JC has more of an interest in ball control than taking shots deep. (A poor team can take shots deep all game, with mixed results, but probably good average per gain.) Not being an advocate for ball control offence, per se, but kind of defending our overall offence from last year.

Again, I am not worried about the average gain per pass, as I see our O being very diverse and effective.
Sorry, I don't have the confidence in Manny that you do. Manny has always been an inconsistent receiver and hasn't really played in 2yrs...
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Gore was the guy last year, so I think he will be again...he's become a real go to target for Lulay...if there's one receiver who could rival Gore's #s it will be Taylor, if he stays healthy...I see both guy around 1,200 yards...Moore around 1,000...Arceneaux around 800-900...and Iannuzzi around 600-700 yards...very well balanced.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Good question, David. It all depends on where they line up. Those closest to the QB (generally Moore and Taylor, by the sounds of it) should get the most yards because they'll get the most opportunities. I voted for Moore since he's taking over Geroy Simon's position. He should lead the team in yards, just based on the looks he'll get from Lulay, even though Arceneaux and Gore are probably more explosive.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Another vote for Gore
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Good question, David. I voted for Manny. If not then Gore makes the most sense. What would be even more cool is that they both have the awesome years I think they are going to have but still end up trailing somebody else for the lead. Gore just sounds like he's saying the right kinds of things. I really wonder how guys like him are going to perform and lead now that an established HofFamer like Simon is gone.......

Brain says Gore but intuition said Manny. Thats why I chose EA.......
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

MexicoLionFan wrote:Gore was the guy last year, so I think he will be again...he's become a real go to target for Lulay...if there's one receiver who could rival Gore's #s it will be Taylor, if he stays healthy...I see both guy around 1,200 yards...Moore around 1,000...Arceneaux around 800-900...and Iannuzzi around 600-700 yards...very well balanced.
Three receivers with over 1000 yards is rare and given Lulay's history of really spreading the ball around when he is playing his best, I'd say one 1000 yard receiver is more likely.

In the 2011 Grey Cup, MVP Lulay threw completions to 8 or 9 different guys. In 2012 Lions did not have a single 1000 yard receiver yet Lions were second only to Hamilton for passing yards.

With a young, fresh, fast receiving corps, I think Lulay will get rid of the ball quicker this year, throw lots of short passes and let those fast receivers go for lots of YAC. :roar:
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Ya Dano...I was thinking that Lulay would throw for 5,000 yards this year, and a lot LESS to Andrew Harris...thus the numbers. BCFAN is right about Moore in Geroy's spot, but late in the season, all of Lulay's first looks went to Gore...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
lfpeterson64
Rookie

Haven't seen Manny play yet, myself, but Shawn can really tack on the yards after the catch, so I'm gonna go with him.

P.S.,

What ever happened to Kiere Johnson?
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

MLF, Hope you are right about 5000 yards. And wrong about Harris, but I must agree that opposing Ds are going to game plan against him both on the ground and threw the air so I don't really expect Harris to put up the same kind of numbers as last year, but others on O should benefit.