Ernest Jackson May Start Against Hamilton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:One thing is for certain. Roy really knows how to find import receivers.

What a difference from when it seemed like it took forever to find a quality replacement for Chris Brazzel when he left as a FA after the 2004 season. First there was TJ Acree then Kendrick Jones showed flashes, same with the oft-injured Tony Simmons. Clarence Coleman, Ryan Grice Mullen and Stephen Black were three more failed experiments.

Now we don't have enough roster spots to get all of them on the field.

Also doesn't hurt having an all-star QB who shows confidence in all his receivers.
From a drought of so many seasons to an abundance of riches...I remember the many seasons oh so well that we couldn't come up with an import receiver to compliment Geroy. I miss Grice Mullen. :shock: :wink: :clown:

As for MexicoLionFans comment regarding Akeem Foster he is a Canadian, tall, big, fast etc...I don't want to see him go the way of the do do bird ...or Big Bird either..if Romney wins the U.S. election.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Rodu
Champion

bah, I think Ianuzzi is a better more versatile player than Foster. Speaking of which, which of the two are starting this week?
Blitz
Team Captain

Iannuzzi is the starter until further notice. Akeem Foster will still come into the game in certain packages. Foster has not got back to where he was last season prior to his knee injury. Akeem could still be a significant contributor in the future but right now Iannuzzi is the better choice out wide.

I really believe that Akeem is better suited to an outside slot position than on the wides side. He is a big target and makes his best catches in traffic on the inside.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:Iannuzzi is the starter until further notice. Akeem Foster will still come into the game in certain packages. Foster has not got back to where he was last season prior to his knee injury. Akeem could still be a significant contributor in the future but right now Iannuzzi is the better choice out wide.

I really believe that Akeem is better suited to an outside slot position than on the wides side. He is a big target and makes his best catches in traffic on the inside.
Akeem needs to get the ball in flight, he can soften the QB throw by moving with the ball. In the recent games, he seems to be either standing still, or worse yet coming back to the QB and not having success with those catches. Give him some confidence and you will have a very strong asset who is probably the best clone to Ryan Thelwell with his ability to slip the first tackle.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Blitz wrote:Iannuzzi is the starter until further notice. Akeem Foster will still come into the game in certain packages. Foster has not got back to where he was last season prior to his knee injury. Akeem could still be a significant contributor in the future but right now Iannuzzi is the better choice out wide.

Akeem needs to get the ball in flight, he can soften the QB throw by moving with the ball. In the recent games, he seems to be either standing still, or worse yet coming back to the QB and not having success with those catches. Give him some confidence and you will have a very strong asset who is probably the best clone to Ryan Thelwell with his ability to slip the first tackle.
I agree...if they build Foster back up, he can become a beast...he has the size and strength to dominate in the slot...he is being wasted outside...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein