Interceptions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Which defensive back will make the 1st interception of 2012 season ?

Dante Marsh
16%
Korey Banks
32%
Cauchy Muamba
8%
Ryan Pillips
12%
Byron Parker
32%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 25
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Five games into the season and none of the defensive backs have had an interception. So let's have a little fun and predict who will have the 1st pick
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Five games into the season and none of the defensive backs have had an interception. So let's have a little fun and predict who will have the 1st pick
Next game is a full 1/3 of the season and the Lions DB's that should actually lead the league IMO haven't even been a factor in helping in the turnover game. I chose Marsh, mainly because he seems to be as close as anyone in his coverage, but doesn't have the hands or quickness of Phillips or Parker of whom either is a good choice. Really this kind of becomes a reflection of size to a point, the Lions may need to find a taller DB ala Toronto.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Heathcliff
Rookie

Rammer, I would say that Parker, Phillips and Shell were definitely a factor in turnovers against the Stamps. But of course I see your point and I agree we need to see some interceptions and soon... I chose Banks because I think his leadership was key on defence last game and we've seen him provide a spark for the team many times in the past with a timely tackle or key INT.
QB Club 63
All Star

Considering all the pre-season publicity Byron Parker & LinJ Shell got bringing their impressive stats, who in their right mind could have predicted that after 5 games all our INTs would be made by LBs??? :rockin:

Having said that, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict Cauchy Muamba will be the first DB with a pick. In that kind of company he won't end the season with the most, just the first. :popcorn:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

A Byron Parker INT in Toronto would be a big milestone for him. I'm not sure that Ricky Ray will give him a chance, but Parker has made his living by baiting QBs into seemingly safe throws, only to have him pounce for a Pick-6.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Parker makes a good pick for sure, pun intended. :wink:

But I am going to go with the heart of soul of the defence, Korey Banks.

I am not that worried about the lack of picks. Teams have been playing Fail Safe offence with us. Avoid the picks. Avoid the pass rush. Quick throws. But Stubler's defence pretty much does what it has always done, prevent scores, while giving up some inconsequential yardage. Lots of pressure. Not a problem IMO ...
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I agree with the consensus between Banks and Parker. I have a feeling it will happen next Monday against the Argos
cromartie
Hall of Famer

The offenses run against us are almost universally dink or dunk underneath passes with the occasional streaking 9 route. This happens because the majority of our opponents have entirely too much respect for our corners and halfs, and throw the ball instead into areas of coverage responsibility for our LBs and Safeties.

For that reasons, a logical pick on my part would be Muamba. Sooner or later, someone will throw a desperation duck into centerfield that he'll be able to pick off. That's not Ricky Ray's MO, though, so I don't see it next week.

My heart, though, is with Marsh. He's come close to jumping a couple of routes and I think he's due.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I like our roster of DB's. Playing against the Argos, I gave Ricky Ray the benefit of the doubt and said the streak continues. The game after that is a home game versus the Riders, so I voted Ryan Phillips. I know his 'curse' wore off against Darian Durant but DD has had a couple tough endings to games the past couple of weeks. I'm guessing its Phillips time to add to his picks of Rider QB's....
Rammer
Team Captain

Those that selected Dante Marsh can step up and take a bow.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Those that selected Dante Marsh can step up and take a bow.
And those of us who picked Parker were robbed. :wink: But congrats to Marsh.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:

:whs:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
On a phantom off-side
Anglophone
All Star

I was right!

:cheer:
Rammer
Team Captain

Anglophone wrote:I was right!

:cheer:
The win is tainted, Parker was robbed. :wink: