TSN Crew for Mtl-Tor

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I'm really liking the sound of this Matt Devlin calling P x P with Suits tonight. I gather he calls Toronto Raptors games but being that I've never watched a basketball game in my life for more than 3 minutes I've never heard of the guy. But to me he sounds like a real proper pro sports announcer rather than the usual community college broadcast school rejects that most TSN/SportsNet "talent" sounds like. Reminds me a bit of the very excellent Joe Tessitore who usually calls the Friday night college games on ESPN. Hope he's a permanent fixture and not just an Olympic fill-in.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:I'm really liking the sound of this Matt Devlin calling P x P with Suits tonight. I gather he calls Toronto Raptors games but being that I've never watched a basketball game in my life for more than 3 minutes I've never heard of the guy. But to me he sounds like a real proper pro sports announcer rather than the usual community college broadcast school rejects that most TSN/SportsNet "talent" sounds like. Reminds me a bit of the very excellent Joe Tessitore who usually calls the Friday night college games on ESPN. Hope he's a permanent fixture and not just an Olympic fill-in.
Was wondering who that pbp was but on your final point that's prob not the case.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

I was wondering who it was to. Kind of reminded me of Pat Marsdens voice.
Nice job of calling the game.
Still like Cuthbert .
Bighill is Badass
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Enjoyed the playcalling. Didn't have to put up with inane babbling of RB. Hope Black is not calling the Lions game tonight
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Enjoyed the playcalling. Didn't have to put up with inane babbling of RB. Hope Black is not calling the Lions game tonight
i believe that RB is at the olympics! haha :pray: so i think Matt is traveling to Calgary to call our game!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
cromartie
Hall of Famer

You mean we've found Rod Black's replacement?

purrfect!
Ravi
Legend

Devlin has called NFL games for FOX in the past so he is no stranger to football play-by-play. My only concern was that he would not have much knowledge of the CFL as he didn't arrive in Canada until 2008 but it looks like he has watched a decent amount of Canadian professional football over the last few years and Suitor seemed to step up his game last night too to make up for Devlin's CFL inexperience.
Anglophone
All Star

Rod black is announcing Men's Gymnastics.

Perfectly happy with that.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Does Rod Black know that a pommel horse is not an equestrian event ?