Joffrey Reynolds charges.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

notahomer
Hall of Famer

I for one hated him all those seasons he lined up for the Stamps. Hope he gets things back together because I never thought I'd hear about him getting into these types of troubles....
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

That is sad to hear.

A great running back.

For many athletes, the end of a career is just very, very tough to deal with. Once a star. Not so popular anymore. Insecure. The transition is not easy. Plus all that structure they had with football is gone. Money issues oftentimes. No more easy relationships with the ladies.

Just allegations so far ... and pro athletes are a target.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

We need to give him the benefit of the doubt here as I don't recall anything in his past that suggests bad behaviour.
I liked this player and hope it is not what it seems.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:We need to give him the benefit of the doubt here as I don't recall anything in his past that suggests bad behaviour.
I liked this player and hope it is not what it seems.
I agree. He deserves his day in court. Reynolds was always one of those guys you respect but wish he was starting for your team instead of their team....

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/For ... story.html

Sounds like more stuff maybe added. Again, Reynolds deserves the benefit of the doubt. I find a lot of immigration matters are suspect. People who shouldn't be here, seem to be able to stay and people who don't seem bad at all either get deported and/or hide in a church until Immigration Canada relents......
Anglophone
All Star

I'm not sure what to think of this. From what I've heard of Reynolds, this seems extremely out of character.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Thanks for posting. I am not surprised that at times government can be so efficient but it does seem to pick strange times. Wonder if this is due to being in the computer age. You get booked on one computer system for a charge and it pops up that your work visa has expired. Wonder why it doesn't work this well when its a drug dealer that has been deported on more than one occasion.....
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
Thanks for posting. I am not surprised that at times government can be so efficient but it does seem to pick strange times. Wonder if this is due to being in the computer age. You get booked on one computer system for a charge and it pops up that your work visa has expired. Wonder why it doesn't work this well when its a drug dealer that has been deported on more than one occasion.....
Or the many fake refugee claims vs the tragic ones where we toss out married people where the guy has a wife, family and job to support them.

Or we don't deport these drug dealers.

If they have you on Immigration there are lots of loopholes in Canada to defer deportation. This whole situation seems so out of character given his age and prior past without police action or things that we hear about. Who knows I guess what we didn't hear.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Rammer
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:
notahomer wrote:
Or the many fake refugee claims vs the tragic ones where we toss out married people where the guy has a wife, family and job to support them.

Or we don't deport these drug dealers.

If they have you on Immigration there are lots of loopholes in Canada to defer deportation. This whole situation seems so out of character given his age and prior past without police action or things that we hear about. Who knows I guess what we didn't hear.
Breakups have strange powers on changing ones personality momentarily. Like most here, I am surprised that Reynolds finds himself on this side of the law, he seemed to be a CFL star that had his head on straight, save for the helmet butting incident versus the Esks a few years back. It just shows you how much of a profile an ex=athlete has, as this type of domestic dispute goes on a regular basis, but it takes on a drastic level when it involves an ex-player. I can only hope that his side of the story gets the same play in the media, but won't be holding my breath for that to happen.
Entertainment value = an all time low