Good news out of Ottawa

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Good news out of Ottawa, sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it? Anyway according to TSN the group that calls itself Friends of Lansdowne (sounds like another oxymoron, but hey its Ottawa) have announced that they will not take their anti-stadium/ant-football lost law suit to the Supreme Court of Canada for an appeal.

The Ottawa franchise could be doing an expansion draft 18 months from now. Since each team will get to protect one QB, Ottawa will get to pick the best backup QB. Hope that isn't Mike Reilly because right now I would rate him as a better QB over Steven Jyles. :wink: Although an expansion team's priority at QB might be to go with a veteran if available, and by then that might be Jyles or Kevin Glenn.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

It will be good news when they put shovels in the ground. Until then, it's just more talk that we've been listening to since about 2006.
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

Its about time an expansion team came forward. Id like to see a franchise in Anchorage next to even it up.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
274always
All Star

Wishin' ya a happy birthday tomorrow BCFID. Same as Lou Gehrig. I'll be celebratin' with Doug Flutie at his golf tourney.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

As difficult as it is to lose players through expansion, it is the only way for a new franchise to survive...Ottawa fans simply won't support a chronic loser, and the team needs to have fan support immediately...so if we are going to expand, then this must occur...if it is NEXT season, it could have severe consequences for the Lions to 3 peat...I guess, I am getting a little ahead of myself...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Centrum22
Starter

MexicoLionFan wrote:
...if it is NEXT season, it could have severe consequences for the Lions to 3 peat...
But it will not be next season. As we already know, the earliest Ottawa could join the league is 2014; and if construction of the new stadium has not begun before the end of this summer, then the earliest will be 2015.