Lions 34 - Bombers 23 Grey Cup Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Just another CFL game, right? LOL

OMG.

For a while I thought we were back in drop back 25 times in a row offence. But then Travis, Kierie and Arland made some plays. And we used Andrew Harris for a couple of good runs.

Very, very tough physical battle.

Kudos to all the coaches, players and staff. :thup:

Grey Cup victory #6 for the Lions. Whoooooo Hoooooooooooooo
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. LULAY 21/37 320 2 0
A. HARRIS 0/1 0 0 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
A. BRUCE 5 73 1 25
G. SIMON 4 79 0 39
S. GORE 3 18 0 11
K. JOHNSON 2 81 1 66
P. JACKSON 2 43 0 30
M. IANNUZZI 2 2 0 2
A. FOSTER 1 12 0 12
A. HARRIS 1 6 0 6
R. LUMBALA 1 6 0 6

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
A. HARRIS 10 65 1 19
J. JACKSON 3 16 0 9
T. LULAY 2 8 0 7
T. BROWN 2 2 0 2

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
P. MCCALLUM 4/5 34 3/3 15

Punting NO AVG NET LG
P. MCCALLUM 8 44.2 283 57

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. BROWN 8 72 9.0 21 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
P. MCCALLUM 6 364 63 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. BROWN 3 85 28.3 35 0
A. HARRIS 1 18 18.0 18 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
D. MARSH 6 0 0 0
S. ELIMIMIAN 5 0 0 0
A. MCKENZIE 4 0 1 0
K. BANKS 4 0 0 0
A. LAROSE 2 0 0 0
K. WILLIAMS 2 0 0 0
A. REDDICK 2 0 0 0
K. MITCHELL 1 1 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 1 0 0 0
K. SMITH 1 0 0 0
B. JOHNSON 1 0 0 0
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
B. PIERCE 18/34 234 2 1

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
G. CARR 7 107 1 45
T. EDWARDS 5 67 1 25
C. WATSON 3 42 0 24
C. GARRETT 2 12 0 7
A. HARGREAVES 1 6 0 6

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
C. GARRETT 8 26 0 11
B. PIERCE 4 17 0 12
C. DENMARK 1 -2 0 0

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
J. PALARDY 3/3 33 2/2 11

Punting NO AVG NET LG
J. BOREHAM 9 36.1 253 47

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
J. JOHNSON 6 71 11.8 41 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
J. BOREHAM 5 251 64 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
D. BEASLEY 5 107 21.4 32 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
A. SUBER 6 0 0 0
C. KENT 5 0 0 0
P. LABBE 5 0 0 0
J. JOHNSON 4 0 0 0
J. SEARS 3 0 0 0
J. HEFNEY 3 0 0 0
J. VEGA 2 1 0 0
I. LOGAN 2 0 0 0
D. BEASLEY 2 0 0 0
T. EDWARDS 1 0 0 0
R. FRITZ 1 0 0 0
O. WILLIS 1 0 0 0
M. BOWMAN 1 0 0 0
lion24
Legend

Best season ever after the turn around of the early struggles...........does this mean we repeat in 2012 with the 6 year Grey cup streak!!! :rockin:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
joe kapp22
Legend

That is a very tough, very talented Wpg team, open the door a crack and they will try to slide into the W like a cat squeezing in there.

"If" Odell Willis came down with that int and took it to the EZ, this is an entirely different game.

Thought it was a hard hard fought game one in which we only gained the advantage later in the 3rd qtr and early 4th.

Thought Arland Bruce was key for us, as was Andrew Harris.

Money McCallum was not going to let Jovon Johnson score..he pulled out that flagrant facemask to keep him from scoring.

Odd, but I kinda had hoped that the Rouge would have been the difference in the ballgame...that would have been very "CFLish".
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Good result for BC. Lulay and Harris deserve the accolades today - MVP , OC.

The Lions opened hungry and never much let up.

The Bombers looked like they were just happy to be in the GC. Out coached and bland offense to start.

Lapo needs to let go of the play calling. Eric Tillman in Sask and Edmton lets his HC hire but he approves hires. ET won't let the HC call his own plays as it detracts from the HC role. lapo was outcoached today.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
joe kapp22
Legend

Is Travis Lulay the new Mayor of Swaggerville now?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

If PMac doesn't hit the post and instead is a purrfect 5 for 5 would he be the outstanding Canadian? Harris was well deserving, but I was a bit surprised that Chap seemed to forget about him in quarters 2 and 3.

What is so special about this championship is this was not an average team that started slow and got hot at the right time... this was a great team that started horribly but got their poop together and became the best team in Canadian football.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:Is Travis Lulay the new Mayor of Swaggerville now?
I love the shot of the sign that said "Simonville" with Simon pasted over swagger!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The Peg has great pass cover guys. Very tough D. Not much O.

Lions' D ferocious once again. Good to see 6 man rotation on the D Line. Anton, Solly and Amp terrific at LB.

O Line terrific. Jovon, Ben.

Andrew Harris awesome.

Receivers awesome. Geroy. Arland. Paris. Kierie. And for best pickup, I would still vote for Arland ... Big Time.

Travis Lulay terrific although some rough spots.

Great character on the team.

Kudos to the guys that took the most heat: Wally, Jacques and Mike B.

Looking at announcers and some players, what is with the mustaches? LOL. Back to the 70s. I had one of those for many years. LOL
joe kapp22
Legend

hmm, to early to think about the offseason, but do think we all are in for some major changes in the Team.
swervynmerv
Legend

What a year! Shame on me as I was calling for Some heads after the 0-5 start.

This will go down as my favorite year as a Lions fan and this victory the best Grey Cup yet.

Conratulations to all players, staff and fans! I love my Leos.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Maybe a little premature, but will there be a parade like 1985 and in other championship cities? Or will there just a small celebration gathering on Tuesday just like after the 1994, 2000, and 2006 wins? I have a feeling it will be the latter.

And I'm quite sure that the Grey Cup will make an appearance on this coming Tuesday night's Canucks game, if not Thursday night.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
joe kapp22
Legend

swervynmerv wrote:What a year! Shame on me as I was calling for Some heads after the 0-5 start.

This will go down as my favorite year as a Lions fan and this victory the best Grey Cup yet.

Conratulations to all players, staff and fans! I love my Leos.
Absolutely, I've been a BC Fan for such a short time, I feel almost guilty for enjoying a Championship coming so quickly.

Well done!

FarhanLaji just tweeted that Travis hurt his groin last week on that 61 yd run and aggravated in this one, which is why he was not running as often.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:The Peg has great pass cover guys. Very tough D. Not much O.

Great character on the team.

Kudos to the guys that took the most heat: Wally, Jacques and Mike B.

Looking at announcers and some players, what is with the mustaches? LOL. Back to the 70s. I had one of those for many years. LOL
It's November, and in Movember you grow a moustache for Prostate Cancer and men's health.

I'll agree with you on the rest. One note on Winnipeg, if I were them, I'd pull some old tapes of the early 2000s Stampeders and take some notes on how they used Marc Boerigter, because you can do the same thing with Greg Carr.