Grey Cup - Game Day Thread, November 27, 2011

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Grey Cup Day. Time to play.

Game Day across Canada.

Some thoughts ...

I think it is possible that our D Line and LBs can dominate the Bombers' O Line. If our guys do dominate they will get tremendous pressure on Buck. We might really slow down any aerial game by the Bombers.

It is also possible that we do a very good job stopping the Bombers' running game. Garrett is dangerous however.

I expect Lulay to play well. He has a lot of natural confidence, and looks forward to big games.

If these things happen, then I expect the Lions to win. Possibly by a good margin. However, anything can happen in a football game, and the Bombers will come to play.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I've loved the attitude that this team has displayed all year, from fighting through adversity at the start of the season to working hard through a amazing winning streak. This team is worthy of the Grey Cup. I know they'll lay it on the line today.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

All the weight lifting during the off season, countless hours studying the playbook and films all boils down to this one game. Go out and feast to your heart's content on Blue Bombers.
Rodu
Champion

Leave nothing on the field
joe kapp22
Legend

Have to wait a bit to see who the inactives are, I'd still like to see Jamal Robertson play if at all possible.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Are you ready Joe?

Are you ready to accept the consequences whatever they may be?

You must be if we are to win today, we must be ready to realize our opponents are just as prepared, and committed to win as we are.

Today’s win is much bigger than any obstacle we have ever faced, after all those years since our last championship in 2006.

If there is any doubt in the minds of our coaching staff, if they have not prepared our team for any eventuality, if they do not have a plan B, or fail to adjust during the game or at critical half time, then we shall have underestimated our opponent, and failed to prepared properly for our adversary!

This day is what every CFL franchise trains for, plays a grueling, arduous 18 game schedule for, and fights tooth and nail, hammer and tong to get this chance to prove they are equal to, and realize the pinnacle of their hopes and aspirations.

Are you ready BC Lions…are you ready to ROAR???

I think that you are so...

ROAR YOU LIONS ROAR!!!
Last edited by PigSkin_53 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
joe kapp22
Legend

Cannot be any readier, to me this sets up as a great matchup between two teams with a lot of heart.

Lulay v Buck
D v D
Cauchy v Henoc

Both teams are loaded with high quality players, we have two HoF worthy Wr's in Bruce and Geroy, they have two young and up and coming guys in Carr and Denmark, and T Edwards is no slouch.

We finished what..11-1? But lost twice to Wpg.

New BC Place will be a showplace for the game.

What more could we ask for in a Grey Cup game? This one screams as "Big Time" as it can be. :roar:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Can't even express my nervousness right now. Can't wait for kickoff. I'm heading down to BCP around 1ish to be there for doors so I can take everything in. Finally it's gameday! Let's go boys! Leave nothing on the field, play your asses off, dominate and get a ring! LET'S GO LIONS!!!!!! :cheer:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Time to leave to feed my butterflies. :wink:
zark
Champion

Does Thellwell get a ring or do you have to be on the team for a set amount of games?

"Fear is for those with no confidence."
Go lions! :beer:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
David
Team Captain

Am feeling pretty good about today, but it will be interesting to see how Travis handles the pressure. Not just from the Bomber pass rush but the media spotlight that's suddenly been thrust upon him. A month ago, he was pretty much a guy just Lionbackers and season ticket holders knew well. Now he's winning the MOP, doing interviews, front covers of the papers (including the Georgia Straight - the weekly left leaning arts and entertainment paper....unheard of!).

Also, we've got Angus tweeting his fans 3 hours before kick-off. Hey, guys prepare for Championship games all different ways, but that's a bit of a warning flag to me. #focus!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Am feeling pretty good about today, but it will be interesting to see how Travis handles the pressure. Not just from the Bomber pass rush but the media spotlight that's suddenly been thrust upon him. A month ago, he was pretty much a guy just Lionbackers and season ticket holders knew well. Now he's winning the MOP, doing interviews, front covers of the papers (including the Georgia Straight - the weekly left leaning arts and entertainment paper....unheard of!).

Also, we've got Angus tweeting his fans 3 hours before kick-off. Hey, guys prepare for Championship games all different ways, but that's a bit of a warning flag to me. #focus!

DH :cool:
Is it just me or is the Straight giving the Lions more/better run since Jeff Patterson took over their sports coverage from Kerry Banks?

May as well throw in the photo:

Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
joe kapp22
Legend

Couple of hours to go...cannot wait!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Grey Cup radio back to sucking again :thdn: I thought they got their act together a few years ago and decided to let the host broadcasters of each team do their own broadcasts and let the rest of the country suffer with the "national feed". 1hr 45m to kick off and I have to listen to Brian Freaking Hall??? I thought they retired his stupid ass a few years ago. 5 minutes into the broadcast he says "flip a coin, this is anybody's game". Uh, right. Not saying upsets don't happen, but that's what it would be... a major upset.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:Grey Cup radio back to sucking again :thdn: I thought they got their act together a few years ago and decided to let the host broadcasters of each team do their own broadcasts and let the rest of the country suffer with the "national feed". 1hr 45m to kick off and I have to listen to Brian Freaking Hall??? I thought they retired his stupid ass a few years ago. 5 minutes into the broadcast he says "flip a coin, this is anybody's game". Uh, right. Not saying upsets don't happen, but that's what it would be... a major upset.
I thought I heard it would be Ball & Caravatta doing one half, Wpg's crew doing the other?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.