This Is Awesome!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Kudos to Langley West school for showing their support to our boys! This was sent to the club via Twitter.

Then a shout out is also due to the 3rd Graders at Beach Grove Elementary in Delta for sending home made cards to the team which was recognized and appreciated by the players. Rammer, is this your handiwork? :wink:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

That is great, it also shows you where the club demographic has moved to the outskirts of the valley. Noway that you could round up that many children with Lion jerseys/t=shirts/orange in the Vancouver proper.

Oh and David, all my children are older than grade 3 now, so this was done by an inspired teacher I suspect.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Yes, this is cool. Glad schoolkids are into cheering the Lions.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Next generation of Lion fans. :thup: :cr:
David
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:That is great, it also shows you where the club demographic has moved to the outskirts of the valley. Noway that you could round up that many children with Lion jerseys/t=shirts/orange in the Vancouver proper.
I had a meeting several years ago with Lindsay Carswell, their Marketing Director at the time, in which he mentioned the #1 municipality for Lions season ticket holders is Vancouver (proper). I know a lot of folks find this surprising, but when you factor in the corporate dollar, and consider that the stadium is located downtown in a densely populated urban environment, it becomes easier to understand.

That said, you're right. With Vancouver's diverse cultural mosaic in which most grade school children are first generation Canadians, I doubt you'd see a pic like this from a Vancouver elementary school. Still, great to see, and I applaude the teacher and principal for recognizing the importance of this game. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
prairielion
Starter

This is great to see. From where I come from, all these types of pictures are filled with green and white, so this is definately a nice change to see for me. Shows that there is true team spirit in every province and not everyone is a Rider fan. LOL
GO LIONS GO :yahoo:
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:I had a meeting several years ago with Lindsay Carswell, their Marketing Director at the time, in which he mentioned the #1 municipality for Lions season ticket holders is Vancouver (proper). I know a lot of folks find this surprising, but when you factor in the corporate dollar, and consider that the stadium is located downtown in a densely populated urban environment, it becomes easier to understand.
I think corporate accounts make up a good portion of the season ticket base, as with most spots teams.

There was an interesting piece on the economics of the Grey Cup in the Vancouver Sun. We've heard before that the Lions' season ticket base (currently around 18,000) is made up of 6,000 accounts. This article notes that the Canucks' season ticket base of 17,100 is made up of 27,000 accounts, many of whom buy half-season and quarter-season tickets.

Grey Cup hosts win, even if they don’t play
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Those are awesome pictures :thup:
Good job kids, keep wearing your orange :roar:

I was at the practice on Wed. and a class of school kids came walking over from a local school and they were all waving their Lions car flags and cheering " Go Lions Go" !

and it was freezing cold, pouring rain and windy. Those are some die hard Lions fans!
Bighill is Badass
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

AC/DC Rocks wrote:Those are awesome pictures :thup:
Good job kids, keep wearing your orange :roar:

I was at the practice on Wed. and a class of school kids came walking over from a local school and they were all waving their Lions car flags and cheering " Go Lions Go" !

and it was freezing cold, pouring rain and windy. Those are some die hard Lions fans!
Haha I know their teacher. Sorta
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I started my day reading about the kids in Delta (my home municipality) sending personalized card to the Lions. I ended my day listening to the Lions beat the Schmoes... all in all, a GREAT day!