Arland Bruce run in with Vancouver Police

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote: Facts are there is no money in policing for the city...but there sure is in parking and towing and sometimes these meter folks are just way too overzealous.
Remind me of the time I was parked in a no parking zone from 3-6PM. 15 minutes prior to 3 I saw a parking enforcement officer standing near my car with a pen and tickets ready and set to go. After I got into my car I looked at her and she looked back. She didn't budge so I decided to wait. At precisely at 3 PM I drove her away leaving her standing there.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Classic

I suppose though that if there was no parking enforcement we would probably end up with chaos. People can be awful inconsiderate parking wise. I finally had to call the city on a guy last week who thought it was perfectly ok to leave his car in front of my house for 3 days. I left a note on it but apparently he didn't use his car very much so I ended up calling the city.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote: Facts are there is no money in policing for the city...but there sure is in parking and towing and sometimes these meter folks are just way too overzealous.
Remind me of the time I was parked in a no parking zone from 3-6PM. 15 minutes prior to 3 I saw a parking enforcement officer standing near my car with a pen and tickets ready and set to go. After I got into my car I looked at her and she looked back. She didn't budge so I decided to wait. At precisely at 3 PM I drove her away leaving her standing there.
so you gave her 15 minutes of your life for nothing. I would say that she won. At least she got paid for that 15 minutes. No skin off her nose
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I can't believe this was brought up in a thread. :dizzy:

Sofa King un newsworthy.. Toppy, not even with an electron microscope could you find anything here that might put a black mark on the CFL. You sure do go over the Toppy with that sometimes...

This should be in the pub...

Ok, here is my very lame attempt to make this football/Lions related: The Lions will have NO trouble PARKING one more "L" in edmonton's playoff hopes. :thup:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

if the eskimoes all drove their own cars down, how many would have them towed :wink:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
so you gave her 15 minutes of your life for nothing. I would say that she won. At least she got paid for that 15 minutes. No skin off her nose
Worth the 15 minutes watching her stand in the pouring rain :wink:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

ah yeah, that changes the picture.