Lion's Home PO Game?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:Tate looked good, but as far as being a wunderkid, he's thrown 2 Int's in his last 13 passes...while Lulay (who is 2 mo. younger than Tate) has thrown 2 Int's in his last 152 passes. :thup:
Well in his defense, Tate has been mentored by Burris :wink:
Passaglia
All Star

Rammer wrote:
Passaglia wrote:To explain it in a more simple way, for Lions to be guaranteed 1st place they must beat Edmonton and split their remaining two against the Als and Ticats. So basically win 2 of the last 3, with one of the W's against EE.

So in response to whoever posted above, the Lions don't "have to" beat Hamilton tomorrow to have any hope of 1st place.
Correct, although I like the idea of having a W against Hamilton in order to make the Eskimo game 'ours' to take first. Can't believe that the Lions are in the driver seat for first, what a topsy turvy season in the West.
Yeah solid point on how if they had not lost last night, they could have clinched next week.. Call me a conservative but I think a loss isn't such a bad thing.. Bring them back to earth a bit, get a bit more hunger back for the biggest game of the year. I know it's been said many times but at 0-5/1-6 I think most would have been thrilled if told this team would be in the hunt for 1st place in the final week.

Now another unfortunate angle is the season finale will likely be just as huge for the Als after their collapse in Winnipeg. I know though, one game at a time.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:Tate looked good, but as far as being a wunderkid, he's thrown 2 Int's in his last 13 passes...while Lulay (who is 2 mo. younger than Tate) has thrown 2 Int's in his last 152 passes. :thup:
Well in his defense, Tate has been mentored by Burris :wink:

haha.....too funny. As long as he doesn't try to fit into Henry's bra he should be fine. Shoes, maybe.

Hey that is Tate's first game. Anyone thinking that if Tate lights it up from here on that Stamps' QB next year will be Tate and Burris moving to Toronto (?) or Hamilton (?) would not be making up wild, fanciful dreams. I can see Toronto wanting more than Jyles and if Barker is there why not. Hamilton might be wanting to get faster to the next level with a top QB - but I am less sure of that though.

Lulay is a classic example although that happened earlier in the year with Travis in 09. That shot gave him a chance to earn the job for next year. It might be just what is happening in Calgary now with Tate being given the starter job.

Blitz makes the statistical arguments and the momentum swings case (all very, very good points ) but what you would choose.

A home playoff date due to a loss that gave their team a good wake up call OR their team in a home Grey Cup game?

I really think that the longer the wins went on the more likely the next game was going to be a big L.....

We shall see if this loss is a momentum swing or a wake up call where they got caught out by a team on fire.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy