Lions 29 - Riders 18 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. LULAY 16/29 287 2 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
G. SIMON 6 86 0 36
A. HARRIS 4 74 1 42
K. JOHNSON 3 33 0 18
A. BRUCE 1 72 1 72
S. GORE 1 12 0 12
A. FOSTER 1 10 0 10

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
A. HARRIS 9 43 0 16
T. LULAY 2 24 0 18
K. JOHNSON 1 16 0 16
J. JACKSON 1 3 0 3

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
P. MCCALLUM 5/5 51 2/2 17

Punting NO AVG NET LG
P. MCCALLUM 4 35.5 142 40

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
A. HARRIS 1 14 14.0 14 0
M. IANNUZZI 1 11 11.0 11 0
K. JOHNSON 1 2 2.0 2 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
P. MCCALLUM 6 339 62 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. BROWN 1 17 17.0 17 0
A. HARRIS 1 13 13.0 13 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
A. REDDICK 10 1 0 0
J. YURICHUK 7 0 0 0
A. MCKENZIE 7 0 0 0
T. KORNEGAY 4 0 0 0
K. WILLIAMS 3 2 0 0
J. DENNIS 3 0 0 0
D. MARSH 3 0 0 0
K. BANKS 3 0 0 0
A. LAROSE 2 0 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 2 0 0 0
K. MITCHELL 2 0 0 0
A. BIGHILL 1 0 0 0
A. HUNT 1 0 0 0
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. DURANT 29/42 281 0 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
W. DRESSLER 6 82 0 35
A. FANTUZ 6 77 0 20
E. HILL 5 39 0 12
W. CATES 4 15 0 8
C. GETZLAF 3 20 0 13
C. KOCH 2 21 0 12
E. WHEELWRIGHT 1 11 0 11
J. CLERMONT 1 9 0 9
B. WEST 1 7 0 7

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
W. CATES 14 88 0 16
B. WEST 2 9 0 8
D. DURANT 2 6 0 5
C. KOCH 1 5 0 5

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
C. MILO 6/7 49 0/0 18

Punting NO AVG NET LG
C. MILO 4 33.8 119 52

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. JACKSON 1 0 0.0 0 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
C. MILO 3 151 53 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
B. WEST 6 127 21.2 28 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
J. FREEMAN 5 1 0 0
C. MCKENZIE 4 0 0 0
C. BUTLER 4 0 0 0
S. LUCAS 3 0 0 0
N. GRAHAM 3 0 0 0
K. STEWART 2 1 0 0
D. ROMERO 2 0 0 0
J. PATRICK 2 0 0 0
B. SIMPSON 1 0 0 0
T. JACKSON 1 0 0 0
M. MCCULLOUGH 1 0 0 0
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Amp Reddick is a stud....should have been starting all season. Oh well, a win is a win.

Leos are really looking like the team to beat.

LOL, season high 2 tackles for Phillips
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
joe kapp22
Legend

Nice win, 8 in a row, we came on late to salt it away.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Keron Williams is a beast. Definitely putting last year behind him. Double digits in sacks now (10). Hope marsh went out as a precautionary measure. Have to see about brown as well. Lulay had a rough game, but scores by Bruce and Harris bumped his numbers, almost 300 yards. Secondary had troubles. 9 rider receivers with catches, almost 300 yards for a hobbled Durant. Glad we won but it wasn't a work of art.
Luke
All Star

Tough game against an opponent that was pretty much out of it. I thought the team battled really hard, and found a way to pull it out in the 4Q. Great job Leos. I like Kierre Johnson more and more every time I see him. The end-arounds and mis-direction with him are great.

I was worried through three quarters that we were going to have a let-down like Calgary did against Toronto, although it wasn't quite the same. We weren't down by 19 points at halftime. :shock:

Its too bad we couldn't convert more of our drives into touchdowns, it would have put the game away sooner. The TD that was taken away by Angus Reid's holding penalty was unfortunate. That drive featured two great catches by Geroy Simon, one of them would've been the TD catch. :yahoo:

Overall, good game by the Leos. Special teams coverage was improved, defense kept Sask. out of the endzone, and the offense did enough to win the game.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

This has got to be the end of the line for a few Riders. Whats Clermont going to do? Probably Cates too? Miller? The Riders have a few players I'm thinking I'm going to hate hearing over the next few years (Butler?) but Rider Pride will be making a subdued appearance in Vancouver this year at the Grey Cup. Hope this division is a little tighter next season.

Penalties are something that seem to help the Lions. Their opponents seem to take them at times that help our team extend drives. I enjoyed what little Harris got to show. I agree with the broadcast crew the Riders would have been a team to run on but we won, who cares and Harris had a big play in that game.

Sol E. was certainly somebody the Lions missed. Not saying his team-mates didn't get the job done but will be nice to get him back. Quite a few Lions got nicked up in this one. Was it just me or did Geroy Simon have a orange facepaint all over his face (I'm colour blind but it looked orange to me). Glad he and Bruce did a lot again when needed. K Johnson obviously still needs some seasoning but we'll see. Looking forward to the Ticats next.......

That is quite a streak of no touchdowns for the Riders, the red is the dead zone (can't remember if it was Suits or Cuthbert.....)
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Paul is closing in on Sean 1. Whyte, S MTL 189
2. Mccallum, P BC 188 in the scoring race after todays games. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Huge comeback victory this afternoon, but for 3 quarters we looked very much like the sub -.500 team we have morphed from.

We are already starting to show complacent behavior with our game planning, play selection, and lackadaisical execution on the field, thus the reason for so many so many dropped balls today, summoning up early season memories again.

If not for the seasoned focus of Geroy Simon and Paul McCallum today’s outcome may have been very different, which leads me to my next point…somewhere along the way with the pressure mounting on us, the law of averages must catch up with us, and we will take a loss…I thought today was that day, and we could get it out of our system, and move on.

When and where that is, scares the crap out of me

The closer we get to the WF and GC the more anxious I get!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Luke wrote: I like Kierre Johnson more and more every time I see him. The end-arounds and mis-direction with him are great.
I would like him more if he hangs onto the ball. Dropped 2 very catchable passes.
Luke
All Star

PigSkin_53 wrote:Huge comeback victory this afternoon, but for 3 quarters we looked very much like the sub -.500 team we have morphed from.

We are already starting to show complacent behavior with our game planning, play selection, and lackadaisical execution on the field, thus the reason for so many so many dropped balls today, summoning up early season memories again.

If not for the seasoned focus of Geroy Simon and Paul McCallum today’s outcome may have been very different, which leads me to my next point…somewhere along the way with the pressure mounting on us, the law of averages must catch up with us, and we will take a loss…I thought today was that day, and we could get it out of our system, and move on.

When and where that is, scares the crap out of me

The closer we get to the WF and GC the more anxious I get!
Yes. Complacency with the play calling is definitely starting to creep in. Andrew Harris only had ten carries. I can understand that if your eating up yardage through the air, but the offense wasn't moving that well today, and I think we could've been better served by pounding Andrew Harris on the ground a little more.

Although, I'm seeing even in the NFL, teams aren't running the football much. Aside from the usual suspects who rely on it - San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc. Are the rules slanted too much in favour of the receivers?
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Can't see the Lions winning 12 straight to get to the Grey Cup and it was looking very much like the streak might end today. Nice to see them wake up enough in the 4th quarter to take control.

Now they still have that one loss mulligan if they need it thanks to the Stamps losing to the Argos. Winning 2, including the Edmonton game, of their remaining 3 will clinch 1st.
pennw
Legend

I too was thinking today was the day they lose. Getting a little nervous with this win streak too as it may be a bit much to ask for a complete running of the table including the playoffs . Rather a loss gotten out of the way in the regular season than the playoffs .
All in all though , real nice feeling to have the honor of our team sending the riders packing for the season though , on their turf no less .
geroy_simon_081
Starter

This team really only needed two big plays to win the game. They didn't play that well, but they have so much fire power, they can quick strike anytime. I thought the riders played well, so this is a worthy win for the team. Now on to Hamilton, which should come out seeking vengeance after today, but who knows with that team.
geroy_simon_081
Starter

I'm not too concerned with the win streak either. If it ends in the regular season so be it. In fact it might be a good thing. But if they continue to roll and dont lose, that means they have a one game winner take all at a packed BC place for the chance to play in the Grey Cup. You have to like that.

In 2005, I was really nervous because that team didn't face much adversity and we all knew they weren't as good as their 11-0 record indicated. The 2011 Lions have dealt with their share of adversity and are now starting to flex their muscles.