Lions @ Riders, Pre Game Odds and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joe kapp22
Legend

JohnHenry wrote:Wally has said he likes WR's with minimum 4.5 speed. That could be why Petersen was jettisoned and why PJ hasn't seen any action? Perhaps some team will want PJ as a possession receiver, but the Lions already have Geroy, Bruce and Gore in that role. Iannuzzi offers the ability to stretch the field...and hopefully he can catch, too, which has been the failing with Collins, Johnson and Moore.
Eh, still seems like a raw deal for P-Jax, play hurt, then take awhile to recover, then be shuffled towards the door.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Anglophone wrote:It drives me crazy when they say things like "They're showing a great level of compete"

Compete is not a noun!

That is a use of the word I first heard then Canuck coach Mark Crawford use. Maybe he invented it's use.

I find the jargon by the NHL coaches at times that spills over to the announcers a bit silly - the halfboards. I hate compete levels.. never use it.

The Lions will face a Riders team this week that has vastly improved their compete levels which collectively had been just enough to keep their jobs but low enough to get their coaches to lose their jobs. Durant was leader of that one. While the Riders coaches (Marshall, Berry) had compete levels far in excess of the compete level of Miller and this was unacceptable to Durant and their ring leaders as to what they liked, the players responded and lowered their compete levels and lost.

Compare that with the Lions players who have never come out and criticized their coaches (while jimenez did) when they knew they needed to run the football and weren't - no one could say their compete levels weren't high. They never lowered their compete levels but now they're running linemen like Valli and comparing how good it is to run and pass block as it levels the field more with defenders not knowing it was pass.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Lance-sask wrote:Im a Rider fan and, of course am cheering for the Riders this weekend. Would I bet the house on this game? Not on your life. Both teams are surging and have alot of early-season deficiencies they need to make up for. Both teams are also playing better than either Calgary or Edmonton lately (generally speaking).

The only thing I WILL say about this upcoming game is that it will be THE game to watch. I expect it will go down to the final seconds. Cheers.
Wow. A Lions/Riders game and this is the only post from a Riders fan in the thread. And it's so logical and realistic. IIRC, past years there have been some heated smack talk back forth between Riderfans and Lionsfans. Guess we can tell both our teams have been struggling a big. How quickly the swagger turns into a stagger, I guess.

I don't really miss the 'canned noise' and biased refs comments (from both sides). I really hope its an exciting game and obviously think the Lions streak will be the one to continue into next week. Hopefully Paul's streak will too :cr:
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:
Lance-sask wrote:Im a Rider fan and, of course am cheering for the Riders this weekend. Would I bet the house on this game? Not on your life. Both teams are surging and have alot of early-season deficiencies they need to make up for. Both teams are also playing better than either Calgary or Edmonton lately (generally speaking).

The only thing I WILL say about this upcoming game is that it will be THE game to watch. I expect it will go down to the final seconds. Cheers.
Wow. A Lions/Riders game and this is the only post from a Riders fan in the thread. And it's so logical and realistic. IIRC, past years there have been some heated smack talk back forth between Riderfans and Lionsfans. Guess we can tell both our teams have been struggling a big. How quickly the swagger turns into a stagger, I guess.

I don't really miss the 'canned noise' and biased refs comments (from both sides). I really hope its an exciting game and obviously think the Lions streak will be the one to continue into next week. Hopefully Paul's streak will too :cr:
I have to give props to the Riders not resorting to using 'canned fan noise' in today's game, in fact I don't recall much noise at all.....hmmmm. It was working though as I did recall the fly over noise making it on the TV, and I remember one lone guy yelling Go Riders Go!, past the realistic return point. Nice to go and produce a W like that in Mosaic when the Riders had everything on the line for a playoff date.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Luke
All Star

notahomer wrote:

Oh God. The drama that was the 2007 season, particularly the last month or so. :sigh: It was almost unbearable. I think the rivalry between the fan bases was greater than between the two clubs.