Riders @ Lions - Week 6 - Pre Game Odds and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Vegas odds favour Lions. Whoo Hooooooo ...

Kind of makes you swell up with pride. :wink:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Gotta figure Montreal will get out of their funk. Alouettes to cover. Toronto could surprise however.

Edmonton at Winnipeg. Tough one to call. Gonna take Winnipeg.

Saskatchewan at B.C. Hmmmmmm Kind of a season maker or breaker. Riders have been surprisingly weak this year. But then so have the Lions. No call yet.

Gotta take Calgary hosting the TiCats.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Montreal

Saskatchewan

Edmonton

Hamilton
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Money in the bank....bet opposite of WCJ ;)

Tor
Edm
Ham
No bet Sask V Lions
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I'm going with the road teams (Edm, Montreal, Hamilton) except here. And with the usual amount of Riderfans that show up, is this a home game for the Lions? :wink:
Anglophone
All Star

MON
WIN
BC
HAM
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hate to not pick BC but this week can't.

Montreal o/ Tor.

Winnipeg o/ Esks (can't bet against Buck)

Sask over BC (Good ship Lollipop doesn't quite look right yet).

Calgary over Hamilton (but this could be a tough match if the Stamp offense struggles. Their offense is not there yet as to clicking on all cylinders and fully proving they can use all their weapons all of the time - like Joffrey Reynolds. Burris needs to be on his old form.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Johnson was on Connected (as usual every Tuesday during CFL season) last night. I really did enjoy these clips more when the Lions were winning. But kudos for him still coming, especially during these rough patches. I have seen many athletes willing to talk when things are going well, I admire the athlete that is willing to also talk when things are not going well (and not forgetting its not the reporters fault either).

Johnson saying the right things. Predicts a win. My issues with Johnson's words are little things. He admits the Lions have struggled 'at times' with the rushing quarterback. Struggled even against Ricky Ray last year, this is not new. Yes, the Lions may only have a few breakdowns with a rushing QB per game but those are big and often lead to extending of drives etc... Oh well, glad he's confident but then again, even he seem surprised that others may be wondering if he thought the Lions would win. Of course they are going to win :wink:
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, this is a hugely important game, have to think they pull it out.

as for the rest:

Als
Edm
Calg
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, JR LaRose will start at Safety for us in this one with his mother passing on Monday no easy thing for him to be sure.

Kornegay is also going to play at Halfback (iirc)

And Dobson Collins also has been supplanted by Nick Moore.

Defence really needs to show up for this one, and hopefully the addition of Bruce lights a fire under a under achieving Wr Corps.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.