Bates comes out of retirement

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

News1130 Sports is reporting that Kelly Bates will come out of retirement to be a player/coach and will be on the field Monday

Really???? I guess Sherko and Bobby Singh must have said no.

This reeks of desperation
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
donefron
Starter

Bring Back The Pop Top Grey Cup, an inspiration to all of us old fat whie guys Go Kelly!!! :clown: Really this is serious? ummm, yeah, ok, wow just wow!
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

desperation is good.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

A head shaker. :shock:

I guess McGrath wishes to be treated with some respect. Decent money. And more than just short term Practice Roster arrangements.

As Lewis Carroll wrote: "This is curiouser and curiouser."

Who will disappear down the rabbit hole next? Or reappear?

Are we moving from on the rocks to "wholesale shipwreck"?
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

1greatmysticbushape wrote:desperation is good.
Desperation is the reality.
David
Team Captain

You know, as hard as I try to convince others (and myself sometimes) that this is big-league football....

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

David wrote:You know, as hard as I try to convince others (and myself sometimes) that this is big-league football....

Yeah, moves like this do have the whiff of amateur hour. What's next? Barron Miles dons cleats for Friday?
joe kapp22
Legend

David wrote:You know, as hard as I try to convince others (and myself sometimes) that this is big-league football....

Not uncommon, the other league used to have this happen, now they have to go serve an internship elsewhere before becoming a coach.

The move itself..odd..to say the least, wonder if someone is injured and we just do not know about it?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
The_Pauser
Legend

I'm hearing rumours that Rickey Foggie has been contacted about starting at QB for next game. John Henry White is also expected in the lineup in an attempt to shore up our running game.
Roar you Lions roar!
Tighthead
Legend

I miss the stability of the Rita/Mohns era.
David
Team Captain

joe kapp22 wrote:

Not uncommon, the other league used to have this happen, now they have to go serve an internship elsewhere before becoming a coach.

The move itself..odd..to say the least, wonder if someone is injured and we just do not know about it?
I don't care if Bates works under Dorazio. I am fine with that. I am referring to suiting up to become the club's 7th O-lineman because they're too cheap to sign McGrath (or someone else). Bates hasn't played in over a year. Has he even been working out? He looks like he's dropped a lot of weight. Sorry, but this is bush.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Navraj Bassi hasn't played in a few years either, yet he has now got himself a PR spot.

I'm tired of having to scrape the bottom of the barrel (no disrespect to Bates or Bassi) for NI talent when we are hard up. Can we not draft for what we need and develop them PLEASE???
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Rammer
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Navraj Bassi hasn't played in a few years either, yet he has now got himself a PR spot.

I'm tired of having to scrape the bottom of the barrel (no disrespect to Bates or Bassi) for NI talent when we are hard up. Can we not draft for what we need and develop them PLEASE???
Lions draft for need, just that Hamilton seems to be able to use them, not the Lions. :popcorn:
Entertainment value = an all time low
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:
1greatmysticbushape wrote:desperation is good.
Sure...in hot girls that just got out of a bad relationship...in personnel decisions from a football club....not so much.

*Breaking News*

Somewhere in the lower mainland Jamie Taras just put the phone down, saying, "Honey, you're not going to f***ing believe this....but the Lions just offered me a job...no...as a player.....'course I turned them down....yeah, I know....he's completely lost it...and get this, then he starts mumbling to himself and asked me for Ian Sinclair's phone number....yeah...but on the other hand that way he'd get Roper too and shore up the whole interior of the line......."

----

In related news, the Leos have tweeted their fans, asking if either of them knows what route Ned Armour drives for Translink. Rumour has it he can still ball.....and frankly, I hope they re-sign him. He's probably lost a step, but I like the idea of the Lions giving Grey Cup heroes a second chance.

...I mean, it's not like he dropped a long pass late in a Grey Cup game or anything. If a guy did that he could never hope to show his face in town again, ever....right?

----

Cheers,

James

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oh you're GOOOOOOOOOOOOD :thup: :beer:
Real women wear orange!!