Grey Cup Tickets|

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BCLions4Ever
Rookie

Yes, lower bowl is "sold out". Three weeks ago the best seats available (view wise) were upper red, and the best lower bowl seats available to non-season ticket holders like myself were blue (corner). My family couldn't get their $#!* together and I waited until last Friday to order and the best they could do for me (for a set of four together) was upper blue, six rows up from the railing. Sight line appears to be across the goal line to about the opposite 45 or 50 yard line, so not too bad with the elevation. Cost with taxes for the four is around $950 - gotta pay more the closer you get to midfield - a bit of an ouch, but should be well worth it.
ziggy
Legend

I'm thinking they must be pretty much sold out given the location of the seats I got after putting down a deposit last November. I'd be choked if I found out they were holding back good seats. As an aside from an out of towners perspective, after some research I noticed it would have been better to not put down a deposit and pick up a package from a local hotel. Better seats and a deal on the room. Lesson learned. :dizzy:
b_man360
Rookie

i would love to get my dad a pair of grey cup tickets for fathers day. would someone be able to pm me the presale code? i would realy appreciate it!
come on and roar you lions roar!!!
.G.
All Star

So I paid the balance owing for my tickets on the weekend. Does anyone know if the tickets are being mailed, or do I need to go somewhere to pick them up?
MABEY!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

.G. wrote:So I paid the balance owing for my tickets on the weekend. Does anyone know if the tickets are being mailed, or do I need to go somewhere to pick them up?
They're usually mailed in the fall.
MikeAK
All Star

.G. wrote:So I paid the balance owing for my tickets on the weekend. Does anyone know if the tickets are being mailed, or do I need to go somewhere to pick them up?
I ordered my tickets just a few days ago and was told they start mailing out GC tickets in Sept.
ziggy
Legend

I got an answer back regarding my tickets and in all fairness they were pretty good about it. Can't upgrade until after they open up the seat sales to the genereal public on the 21st , but they did offer to see what they could do at that time, or even return my deposit. Can't ask for anything more. It was also mentioned that about 40,000 tickets have been pre sold, prior to opening sales up to the general public. Good chance of a sell out.
Anglophone
All Star

If they've already sold 40000, then I think it's definitely going to be a sellout.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Anglophone wrote:If they've already sold 40000, then I think it's definitely going to be a sellout.
The days of wondering IF a Grey Cup will sell out are over 0ttawa in 2004 may have been the last one where that was a question . Since then the only question was how quick would they sell out.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
ziggy
Legend

Hambone wrote:
Anglophone wrote:If they've already sold 40000, then I think it's definitely going to be a sellout.
The days of wondering IF a Grey Cup will sell out are over 0ttawa in 2004 may have been the last one where that was a question . Since then the only question was how quick would they sell out.
I'm not sure Toronto would sell out this year, if it was hosting? Probably will next year because of the hype over the 100th. I'm not saying this to knock Toronto, but more as a large city with a big stadium and without the recent success of their team a la Montreal.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

ziggy wrote:
Hambone wrote:
I'm not sure Toronto would sell out this year, if it was hosting? Probably will next year because of the hype over the 100th. I'm not saying this to knock Toronto, but more as a large city with a big stadium and without the recent success of their team a la Montreal.
I don't recall exactly when Toronto was declared a sellout in 2007 but am pretty sure it was before the regular season ended. I picked up a ticket a few days prior to the game but that was only after a handful of singles were released which commonly happens at any sporting or concert event. The game had been a sellout prior to that. I know a lot of people who attend GC on a hit and miss basis who definitely will be going in 2012.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I took advantage of the Vanier Cup offer. I've been to a Grey Cup once before but never seen a Vanier Cup game before (in person). Two championship football games in one weekend. Obviously the Grey Cup will be the big one but I'm going to enjoy them both.