Burris Gives his Version

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

http://www.stampeders.com/news_blogs/pl ... 8#comments
For us it’s only as tough as we make it. We’re the only team that can beat us, and everybody saw that. We come out and play well and we’re a pretty good team.
Thanks for beating yourself Henry.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The sad thing is that he posted it (or more likely, a team official put a microphone in his face and then posted it) from the locker room right after the game. He might do better to take time to collect his thoughts. This was the best line:
Everybody took their turn making mistakes. I had mistakes. We just took our turns collectively.
Henry doesn't want to take any more of the blame than necessary.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Jingle Jaws.

His feet are fast. His mouth is fast. His thought process ... not so much.

He prefers a collective blame when he has a bad game.

His receivers weren't all that great either.
bbking
Starter

Did anyone notice the reaction Burris had after he was sacked for a huge loss.

I am not sure what the fans were saying, but it looked like he was telling them to shut up!!

I watched the replay and I cant say for sure but my first thought was he was giving it back to the fans.

Fickle fans lol.
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”
korey&dante4ever
Champion

bbking wrote:Did anyone notice the reaction Burris had after he was sacked for a huge loss.

I am not sure what the fans were saying, but it looked like he was telling them to shut up!!

I watched the replay and I cant say for sure but my first thought was he was giving it back to the fans.
Exactly what I thought as well
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
Rammer
Team Captain

korey&dante4ever wrote:
bbking wrote:Did anyone notice the reaction Burris had after he was sacked for a huge loss.

Exactly what I thought as well
May have been some Rider fans that are ST holders letting him have it....:)
MacNews
Team Captain

A 26-yard loss from a sack..that results in 3rd & 41. I will remember that stat for quite a long time!!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:A 26-yard loss from a sack..that results in 3rd & 41. I will remember that stat for quite a long time!!
If that's not a record then it can't be far from it. Even for the punter, reaching the 1D marker wouldn't be a gimme.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

MacNews wrote:A 26-yard loss from a sack..that results in 3rd & 41. I will remember that stat for quite a long time!!
And to have Hank come off the field yelling and gesturing at everyone but himself was priceless.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I remember that Winnipeg had a 2nd and 44 once. The amazing thing was they ran a draw up the middle with Willard Reaves and actually got the first down.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
smphantom
Legend

What's his version on this!!

Calgary Stampeders quarterback Henry Burris says the photo taken of him wearing a bra was a birthday prank and he does not understand all of the attention the photo has risen. The photo which you can see above has the quarterback wearing a bra in the company of a young woman who is not his wife. Henry Burris says his friends blindfolded him than stuck the bra on him and when the blindfold was removed the photo was taken.
Me thinks the back of the bra says "Nik Lewis Nation"!! :beauty:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

And just who is this woman who poses for pictures in her bra with married football players also wearing a bra? Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it.

Get it "wonder" ...Please don't ban me. :roar:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

smphantom wrote:What's his version on this!!

Calgary Stampeders quarterback Henry Burris says the photo taken of him wearing a bra was a birthday prank and he does not understand all of the attention the photo has risen. The photo which you can see above has the quarterback wearing a bra in the company of a young woman who is not his wife. Henry Burris says his friends blindfolded him than stuck the bra on him and when the blindfold was removed the photo was taken.
Me thinks the back of the bra says "Nik Lewis Nation"!! :beauty:
:lol: Henry tried to do some tap dancing on this one, offering up a couple different versions, but here is what is left of his tweets. I am not sure how you end up getting a bra placed on you without your knowledge.
Quote:
Its amazing how people are trying to blow a birthday prank pic of me into a bigger deal! Who's the girl, well was that Nik Lewis in one also
3 minutes ago via txt

Quote:
Funny how some fan in regina had a pic of nik lewis and I wearing brahs! What prank is gonna happen next!!!hahaha gotta love it!
Those were from his twitter account....the last one was deleted.

http://twitter.com/HenryBurris
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/E ... story.html

Interesting story here.

"My thought process then is the same as it is now: who in the world cares, and what, precisely, do these photos have to do with Burris’s ability to throw a football?"

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/E ... z10tNGWfEO

Well to answer the question, Henry 's throws did seem to be a bit short of the mark leaving this viewer to think that while his bra matches the Calgary uniforms just fine and might be protecting his pecs better than his shoulder pads, that the bra was a bit restrictive when it came to accurate on the mark throws.

Now will Henry get a TV contract to model for this bra company?

Seriously, if this was a b/day party with friends, what friend would actually distribute the photos?

More importantly what idiot would stand idly by and let his "friends" blindfold him and take his photo?

Here in Hong Kong there would be a police investigation and possibly charges against the person releasing the photos. Edison Chen - actor/singer - and also of Vancouver had his laptop repaired and they found some naked photos of some HK stars who were hurt very, very badly by the publicity. The guy who sent them out making it viral on the internet (in sites out of HK) got 8 months in jail for that. Granted here shafting famous folks is not taken lightly.

http://www2.chinadaily.com.cn/china/200 ... 775585.htm
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy