Foley signs..with the Argos

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joe kapp22
Legend

than a minute ago via web

ProStarSports Congratulations to Ricky Foley. Rare opportunity to play
in his hometown & be close to family, he's signed, officially, with Toronto Argos
Well, isn't that nice.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Spud387
Champion

joe kapp22
Legend

I guess 160k talks louder than Aaron Hunt does.. :wink:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I guess Foley is not a man of his word. Maybe the spelling of his name should be Foul-ey.
joe kapp22
Legend

CFLDaily RT @TEAM1040: #BCLions GM, Wally Buono, says Ricky
Foley changed his mind, joining the Argos. Needless to say, the Lions are a bitsurprised
Well, Braley got his man..wait what?

Good stuff though, fuel for a rivalry.
Spud387
Champion

Worst news out of this... Crawford almost guaranteed to stay at safety
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Do we have a contract dispute?

Did Ricky stick it to Wally?

If Ricky agreed to terms with Wally, I would make him honor it. Even if it was just verbal. If they want out, take it to court.

Either Ricky or his agent can legally bargain for him. First agreement in is valid. It doesn't require signature right away for legality.

If he slips away, this is gross mismanagement by the Lions. If Ricky aGreed to terms the Lions can make him honor it.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

WTF ... during his interview this morning he said he was about to catch a noon flight (ET) to Vancouver.
almo89
Legend

really really odd. I heard his interview this morning on the morning show. Just listened to Wally and he says he has the right to do what he just did. Not much we can do right now. Good thing is that our defense has played fairly well for most of the season.
joe kapp22
Legend

Well clearly I'd preferred if he had landed here, but I won't blame an athlete for taking more money.

Just he should have done so first, not go through all the rest of it.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

He has a right to play where he wants, and where the money is. So all that "playing where you'll be happy" BS this morning on the Team 1040 was just that. The only good thing about this is we don't have to listen to Area 51's Foley man love any more. I'm sure the Agro fans will love his perspective.
Real women wear orange!!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Two teams — same owner. The media is going to have a ton of fun with this one.
almo89
Legend

I thought Wally handled it very well during his interview with Pratt.
joe kapp22
Legend

http://communities.canada.com/theprovin ... agent.aspx

Foley was to sign on arrival, the Braley Argos offered 30k more than the Braley Lions did...
joe kapp22
Legend

BTW, it was said Baggs may wind up with the Esks.