Official "Lions better beat the TiCats" Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

The owner apologizes.

The players say it has to get done tonight.

Team10hockey is gonna stop talking Kyle Wellwood for 4 whole hours tonight ...just for it.

Bring it.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

:whs: :roar: :roar: :roar:

Let the Pu$$y Bowl begin! :rotf:
Real women wear orange!!
squishy35
Legend

I just hope the O-line and Pierce finally get some %#%$# consistency tonite........
zark
Champion

A little trash talk happening?
Porter explained that the biggest difference playing the Lions from this year to last was not having to deal with Wake.

Ricky Foley, who now starts in Wake's place, took Porter's earlier comments uncommonly personally, and three weeks of reflection hasn't changed his attitude a great deal.
From Beamish
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/foot ... story.html
Do I detect some passion? :yahoo: :cheer:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Bosco
Team Captain

I hope that we get a bit creative when running back punts and kicks. :pray: Let's try using the width of the field for a change, instead of running directly up the middle and into the wedge.

Watching Ian Smart run everything up the middle last week was like watching pre 1975 punt returns - 5 yards a cloud of dust.
The_Pauser
Legend

zark wrote:A little trash talk happening?
Porter explained that the biggest difference playing the Lions from this year to last was not having to deal with Wake.

Ricky Foley, who now starts in Wake's place, took Porter's earlier comments uncommonly personally, and three weeks of reflection hasn't changed his attitude a great deal.
From Beamish
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/foot ... story.html
Do I detect some passion? :yahoo: :cheer:
Nah, it'll most likely lead to a roughing the passer penalty :bang:

A win tonight doesn't mean we've turned a corner. A win tonight means we've beaten the pushovers from the last half-decade. The title of this thread is right...we better win, but we better win by making plays. None of this constant stalling drives, but a W in the end because Hamilton was much worse. We have to actually beat Hamilton.
Roar you Lions roar!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:After releasing Ebell, we are using RG-M tonight as the punt returner due to Smart's injury. Apparently he dropped a couple in practice yesterday, but we hope he will discover his sure hands for tonight's game.
Yeah that whole bit really does not instill me with buckets of confidence. I don't want to hope that our returner might be able to catch and keep the ball. I want to KNOW he will, or at least not have the possibility that he won't, be an issue.
Real women wear orange!!
Rammer
Team Captain

If the Lions expect to keep pace for a playoff berth, this game is a must win, otherwise we are beginning to see separation in the West and the East. Plus the idea of losing two to Hamilton going into the season wasn't on the win 7 of 8 vs the East agenda set out by our media.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

A statement game ...

A "put up or shut up" game ...

This game will help put some definition on our season. Are we as bad as we have looked (except for the one game that Jarious won for us)? Or can we turn this thing around and stay in the hunt for the playoffs?

This game should show a lot.

I hope Ricky Foley's play in the game matches his sense of wounded pride when Cam Wake's dominant performance is recalled by the opponent.

Not sure why Tyler Ebell has been run out of town. At this time I would have more faith in him returning kicks than Ryan Grice-Mullen or the injured Ian Smart. He also gives depth at running back. ?????? Go figure. Another questionable personnel move by Wally.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I just hope Grice-Mullin just hang on to the football. Any additional yards is a bonus.
Tighthead
Legend

If Heersprink has another shocker does he get canned?
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:A statement game ...

A "put up or shut up" game ...

This game will help put some definition on our season. Are we as bad as we have looked (except for the one game that Jarious won for us)? Or can we turn this thing around and stay in the hunt for the playoffs?

This game should show a lot.

I hope Ricky Foley's play in the game matches his sense of wounded pride when Cam Wake's dominant performance is recalled by the opponent.

Not sure why Tyler Ebell has been run out of town. At this time I would have more faith in him returning kicks than Ryan Grice-Mullen or the injured Ian Smart. He also gives depth at running back. ?????? Go figure. Another questionable personnel move by Wally.
The timing of the Ebell release seemed strange to me WCJ. Perhaps he asked for it, knowing that RGM got the nod ahead of him. However that does not release Wally from the decision to use RGM as the returner, something that will be interesting to watch.
Entertainment value = an all time low
ziggy
Legend

Tis great to go in as the undercats!! This needs to be a statement game for anyone who wants to hang onto their job.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I am looking forward to this one ( :bang: its a Lions game). The West is still bunched up. Yes we are two games behind the Division Leading Eskimoes but.... I know the Lions are going to play a better game than the blowout I sat through last Friday Night.

The Lions better win for so many reasons but I really don't want to hear the jeers of a certain Green teams fans at our next home game if the Lions don't show up tonight. :cr: