Great plays of the game....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

1) 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter. John Chick jumped the gun and had a free shot on Buck that he intended to take. Stefan came out of nowhere and cut Chick's feet out from under him. Tim-ber!

2) Lyle Green going whirly bird on the 3 yard line while his momentum took him up and over, breaking the plane.

3) Lion82 caught a pass from Buck in traffic, over the middle. Their safety just bounced off him while Jason carried on. First down Lions.

4) Rob Murphy waving bye-bye to the crowd behind the Lions bench late in the game. :lol:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

dont forget the jj pass to geroy. turned the game around and finished the riders.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

David wrote: 4) Rob Murphy waving bye-bye to the crowd behind the Lions bench late in the game. :lol:
Had to laugh at that :lol:
David
Team Captain

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:dont forget the jj pass to geroy. turned the game around and finished the riders.
:bang:

I hit "send" before I finished. Yes...

5) Jarious comes in cold off the bench on 2nd and short and goes play-action, hitting Geroy in stride on a purrfect arc for a 31 yard TD pass!

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
D
Team Captain

utter and complete domination .... in TF ... errr ah MS

SWHEAT :beauty: :roar: :beer:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
lion24
Legend

I am most proud of the defensive unit as a whole; a unit I have often criticized this season :thup: The Lions could have been up a lot more with the early turnovers but the Rider D held them in the game and I thought the Lion D matched their play to keep them ahead all game when momentum may have changed.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

David wrote: 4) Rob Murphy waving bye-bye to the crowd behind the Lions bench late in the game. :lol:

DH 8)
My vote right there. :rockin:
lion24
Legend

Banks hit on Bishop out of bounds...........there has not been a lot of big hitting all year from the DB's and that was nice to see :rockin:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Blitz
Team Captain

Play of the game definitely Jarious Jackson to Geroy Simon.....it was a knife to the heart of the Riders and killed any hope of a comeback. It almost had that Ohler to Carphin feel to it in terms of a big play but this one was called and executed to perfection. It also looked easier than it was...a cold quarterback coming into a cold game makes the play much more difficult than it looked. It was a purrfect pass to Geroy who ran a purrfect route.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

DH 8)
That gets my vote as well.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I was laughing at Murphy's kind wave :wink:

I loved Logan's long run but as already noted that pass by Jackson to Simon was the big one, IMO. It seemed like the life was sucked right out of the crowd. Coach Washington was pumped-telling Simon how well he'd done!!!
uncle leo
Starter

A great play that wasn't mentioned by TSN was the block Bret Anderson made that allowed McCallam the kick the ball while it was on the ground on the blocked punt. If Anderson doesn't make that block, McCallam wouldn't have sent it downfield and Sask. probably scores a TD.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Tyrone Williams' int!!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Every turnover. Fumbles and interceptions sucked the life out of the Riders. The Lions didn't capitalize in a big way until the Ryan Phillips TD in the second half, but they seized the momentum from the opening Saskatchewan possession and gradually built up their lead.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:Tyrone Williams' int!!!
What a great play by the big man. He got some camera time on the sidelines after the INT and said nothing — just staring straight ahead with amazing intensity. I had a feeling then this team meant business. :rockin:

Game was sealed at the time but loved where Clermont took out two Riders to spring Logan for a big gain.