Break Out The 3rds On Friday!!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

There's only two home games left this year (hopefully 3) and our gorgeous black and orange 3rd jerseys have yet to make an appearance under the dome. It's long overdue that the team makes the switch and dons the orange helmets and black jerseys. The team looks so much more intimidating that usual with those things on, and with the way we've been playing with a newfound fire and intensity, I think it only makes sense to add some extra attitude and swagger. :rockin:
QB#9
Starter

I agree. I purchased a third #82 during the off-seaseon, and have been greatly dissapointed that they have not made an appearance yet. I think our winning percentage is pretty good with those jerseys as well. 8)
Disturber
Champion

:rockin:
I hope they wear them, too.
Go Lions!
Spud387
Champion

Yes our 3rd jerseys are "teh sex"

I wonder why they haven't been worn.
David
Team Captain

I already confirmed this last week in the "Back To BLACK" thread:

David wrote:
princetonfan wrote:Does anyone know if/when the team is going to wear their third jerseys again!
I am hoping this Saturday
The Vancouver Sun reported today that the club will break out their 3rd unis for the Edmonton game here on October 10, with their orange helmets being auctioned off for charity at a later date. :thup:

DH 8)
Part of the reluctance to go with the 3rd uniform earlier might have been out of respect to Bob. Apparently, he loved seeing his Leos in orange.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

imo, with no disrespects toward bob, the black should be our main jersey. Intimidation at home is supposed to be common place in football, hence the colors at home in both leagues (tho the nfl seems to be switching it up quite a bit.) The orange is just way too tame for me. Look at the nucks newer jerseys vs the 06 jerseys, the dark navy (al most black) was intimidating, the new ghey blue/green intimidates no one.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:Yes our 3rd jerseys are "teh sex"

Mainly because it's a large expense for the club to do it, and a very large logistical task for Kato, lord of all he surveys. Too early in the season, the roster is simply not stable enough to be preparing three sets of game jerseys, and the expense and effort that this entails.

Ergo, they usually show up around Labour Day, or thereabouts, but this year has been later than usual.

The orange ones are cool too, but would be better if they were the more burnt orange of the 80s, as pointed out by many others.
lion24
Legend

Are you comparing the 3rd's to sex??
:shock: :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Sweet! Stoked to hear that they're finally going to be wearing them. I really would love to see these as our primary uniform.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I like the blacks, but I agree with Bob. I like the orange as our main jerseys. It brightens the place up in there. I always thought it was too dark and gloomy with the black and silver/orange. I was so glad they went to the orange again, and since then they have really been embracing that colour. More people go to games wearing orange now than I think has ever been the case.
Only thing I'll agree with is if they were a little darker like the 80's. Just a shade darker.
David
Team Captain

Historically, the Leos' colour scheme has always been "burnt orange and ebony black." As the name suggests, burnt orange is a fairly dark shade - certainly a notch darker than what they currently wear. These were the colours the club adopted from the Meralomas Club of Vancouver's west side at their inception in 1953.

I know the Riders went with a brighter shade of green in recent years, but many of the purists prefer the darker green.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Historically, the Leos' colour scheme has always been "burnt orange and ebony black." As the name suggests, burnt orange is a fairly dark shade - certainly a notch darker than what they currently wear. These were the colours the club adopted from the Meralomas Club of Vancouver's west side at their inception in 1953.

I know the Riders went with a brighter shade of green in recent years, but many of the purists prefer the darker green.

DH 8)
Just look at the colour selection on the side bar while you are making a post reply. There are way more green colours to select from, making green a sliding bar type colour of the year, just think of the lime green 70's that was popular, to the forest greens of the 80's, in the car market and the Kelly green of a couple years ago of the Riders. Orange has the orange crush and a burnt orange with little range between the two. Tradition or not, to me I prefer the burnt orange, it is the orange that reminds me of old 60's muscle cars.

The thing with the black jersey with the burnt orange colour, is that they are used as special jersey's limited time and have had a great winning percentage in big games. You can't bring them out for just ordinary games anymore, they are special as the game they are brought out for signifies an almost must win type of game, that the boys come to play in.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Historically, the Leos' colour scheme has always been "burnt orange and ebony black." As the name suggests, burnt orange is a fairly dark shade - certainly a notch darker than what they currently wear. These were the colours the club adopted from the Meralomas Club of Vancouver's west side at their inception in 1953.

DH 8)
Go back to the uniform Kapp is wearing in that picture. Blows away anything since. Clean. Classic.
Spud387
Champion

lion24 wrote:

Are you comparing the 3rd's to sex??
:shock: :wink:
wearing my 3rd jersey always leaves me satisfied :wink:
hehehe
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I STRONGLY DISAGREE with this black is intimidating MYTH

Intimidation comes from knowing your opponent and the damage they can inflict upon you.