Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

mightybuck
Legend

We need to get on them fast and early and keep the hammer down

Wake and co. with huge pressure

DBacks - playing solid D with sure hands

Buck - work the ball down the field and slide early my friend

OL - keep up the great work.

Receivers - catch the ball

good play calling with roberts and logan

Hey Smart - time for a kick-off return for a TD
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

mightybuck wrote:We need to get on them fast and early and keep the hammer down

WHOOOO!!!! GO LIONS! I have been waiting for this game ever since we left the last one? Anyone else gettin jacked up to beat TO????? Hahah, I hope the players are as jacked as i am.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

2 hours from kick off. This will be a much tougher team than the hapless Tiger Cats. Let's hope Buck has recovered enough to finish the game. Belli will be eating his words once Jimenez is done with him tonight!!
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Larry Key wrote:2 hours from kick off. This will be a much tougher team than the hapless Tiger Cats. Let's hope Buck has recovered enough to finish the game. Belli will be eating his words once Jimenez is done with him tonight!!
Belli's a tool. ppl need to post more, i get bored at work lol
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:We need to get on them fast and early and keep the hammer down

Alonzo Steinauar and Clifford Ivory may be gone, but the Argos defense still wears the mantle of "bend but don’t break".

Buck will have to remain patient and focused on his reads, being carefull to protect himself when calling his own number.

If the play calling is effective Logan and Roberts should have a field day in the Argos backfield, running inside on Hercule and outside on Pile.

I'm looking for a huge game and push up the inside from Tyrone Williams. Love that guy!

You're right mightybuck when you say it is high time for Ian to take one to the house. Tonight is as good as any.

Lions 37 / Argos 21

Lion Roar
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
ziggy
Legend

Mathews is very dangerous right now because he has nothing to loose! I would look for some interesting wrinkles and man if we let TO hang around it could be trouble. I'm hoping we don't take this game too lightly and continue playing as a team. No time to go looking for personal glory at the expense of positional discipline, TO can pull this off as can any team on any given day there is not much difference between first and worst. Go for the throat early and don't let up!! Raising my Lions flag, the Lions Lager is chilled. Go Lions.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

ziggy wrote:Mathews is very dangerous right now because he has nothing to lose! I would look for some interesting wrinkles and man if we let TO hang around it could be trouble. I'm hoping we don't take this game too lightly and continue playing as a team. No time to go looking for personal glory at the expense of positional discipline, TO can pull this off as can any team on any given day there is not much difference between first and worst. Go for the throat early and don't let up!! Raising my Lions flag, the Lions Lager is chilled. Go Lions.
:whs: (except no Lions Lager chilling). I hate beer. I really do think Matthews is going to try some wrinkles cuz, what does he have to lose? Joseph wants to show he needs to be the starter.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Get on them early and often. Keep the peddle to the metal.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Lions must guard against a letdown after the past 4 wins, and a huge easy victory over the TiCats. Smart ball, guys, no mistakes.

And just saw Cam Wake on Off the Record; he got Canuck questions, and fielded them in a way that made me proud. Way to GO CAM!!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Listening to the Pre Game show. Team 1040 reports that there is at least 3 NFL scouts at the game to check out Wake. The Argos is starting a guy named Washburn at tackle after being cut from the NFL. His first game in the CFL. I bet Wake is salivating right now.
mightybuck
Legend

Listening to the Pre Game show. Team 1040 reports that there is at least 3 NFL scouts at the game to check out Wake. The Argos is starting a guy named Washburn at tackle after being cut from the NFL. His first game in the CFL. I bet Wake is salivating right now.
just heard the same- yes no let down on wakes part and I dont think there will be a let down at all tonight - this is not like being 12-0 and taking someone for granted. Its crunch time for every game

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Dear Adriano: please do not give up your day job, for more than one reason.

Ouch.
Rammer
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:Lions must guard against a letdown after the past 4 wins, and a huge easy victory over the TiCats. Smart ball, guys, no mistakes.

And just saw Cam Wake on Off the Record; he got Canuck questions, and fielded them in a way that made me proud. Way to GO CAM!!!
Yep no time to allow all the work of the past 4 games to go for not now. If the Lions want a shot at first, they have to take care of their own business. A plus for us is that the Lions are up first on the weekend, allowing the boys to put the pressure on the Stamps in the second game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

PVR is synced to Rick and Guilio; will be interesting to see how far behind the internet feed is.
mightybuck
Legend

I didnt know buck looked like jason clermont :)