Lions playbook stolen in break-in

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Disturber
Champion

Lion Guy wrote:LOL!!!!

Note to Chap - I'm already having a hard time sticking up for you here; stunts like this don't help my cause. I just got Lionbackers to forget the dropped ball in the GC!! That's 2 drops.......one more and I'll lobby to get Mohns back.
:bang: Man, I had just about forgotten the '83 GC and now I'm reminded again :bawl:

Better be a good game tonight! :cr:
Go Lions!
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

quick note, the police found the laptop, some dude was tryin to sell it at a skytrain station.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
bclions16
Champion

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:quick note, the police found the laptop, some dude was tryin to sell it at a skytrain station.
Yep, crack/meth head trying to make a quick buck. No conspiracy.
Apparently the playbook wasn't on that computer, but all the other statistical info that Chapdelaine tracks was.

So in the end, it amounted to a huge waste of time for a coach to have to re-enter so much info, and a big embarrassment to the team, but especially Chapdelaine.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Rammer
Team Captain

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:quick note, the police found the laptop, some dude was tryin to sell it at a skytrain station.
That will give some closure to the Chapdelaine family, knowing the guy was caught and the laptop top secret information safe. However with our system, how long before he tries that again?
Entertainment value = an all time low
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Rammer wrote:
That will give some closure to the Chapdelaine family, knowing the guy was caught and the laptop top secret information safe. However with our system, how long before he tries that again?
6-8 hours

O N E
bclions16
Champion

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:
Rammer wrote:
6-8 hours
If that! The thief is most likely addicted to drugs, and part of that sad life is that he'll need money or something to barter for drugs.

If it were a professional thief, he'd probably be planning things better to take items that can fetch more than used cell phones and laptops.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

bclions16 wrote:
Yep, crack/meth head trying to make a quick buck. No conspiracy.
Apparently the playbook wasn't on that computer, but all the other statistical info that Chapdelaine tracks was.

So in the end, it amounted to a huge waste of time for a coach to have to re-enter so much info, and a big embarrassment to the team, but especially Chapdelaine.
They tracked down Boden at the Skytrain station huh?
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:
Rammer wrote:
6-8 hours
If that! The thief is most likely addicted to drugs, and part of that sad life is that he'll need money or something to barter for drugs.

If it were a professional thief, he'd probably be planning things better to take items that can fetch more than used cell phones and laptops.[/quote]

yea, tho i wanna know what they plan to do for the olympics....all those losers on hastings and its offshoots. On the way to the calgary game there was some chick who was totally out of it. she had a wig in her hands, was on her knees and seriously, it looked like she thought she was in a strip club with their weird ass dance she was doing.

O N E
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Actually the move has been of late to begin to take over all the low rent housing downtown and refurbish. That is one attempt that I see that is being made to address the issue in time for 2010. The other is more suspicion but I have seem some indications that Riverview is beginning to regain steam as a residential/treatment complex. There is some new construction going on and some of the buildings have been put back into use for various community programs. This is in part to answer the calls to protect it from development and in part maybe some realization that closing Riverview was a colossal mistake in the first place.

The whole idea was that places like Riverview were hugely expensive to run and maintain. Grounds work alone probably had a 6 figure budget. So much like in England in the 80's, they decided to close down the large institutions and move them to community based care. Problem is they never built the community based care facilities. It was a terrible decision that created a huge problem with the downtown core where drug addicts, the mentally ill and impoverished all came together to create one giant mess.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:Actually the move has been of late to begin to take over all the low rent housing downtown and refurbish. That is one attempt that I see that is being made to address the issue in time for 2010. The other is more suspicion but I have seem some indications that Riverview is beginning to regain steam as a residential/treatment complex. There is some new construction going on and some of the buildings have been put back into use for various community programs. This is in part to answer the calls to protect it from development and in part maybe some realization that closing Riverview was a colossal mistake in the first place.

The whole idea was that places like Riverview were hugely expensive to run and maintain. Grounds work alone probably had a 6 figure budget. So much like in England in the 80's, they decided to close down the large institutions and move them to community based care. Problem is they never built the community based care facilities. It was a terrible decision that created a huge problem with the downtown core where drug addicts, the mentally ill and impoverished all came together to create one giant mess.
Interesting. I'm not PC at all so i wont go into my ideas for that area...tho it would be quick and painless. i was told as recently as two years ago that riverview was still in use and still using shock therapy. found that quite disturbing....

O N E
David
Team Captain

As a follow-up to this story, the perpetrator allegedly contacted the other 7 CFL teams to try and sell Chapdelaine's laptop that contained the Lions' offensive playbook, to which each GM responded, "No thanks, we already know it."

:wink:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:As a follow-up to this story, the perpetrator allegedly contacted the other 7 CFL teams to try and sell Chapdelaine's laptop that contained the Lions' offensive playbook, to which each GM responded, "No thanks, we already know it."

:wink:

DH
:wink: :wink: Isn't that the truth !