Eric Tillman to sign extension with the Riders

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:This contract extension for Tillman is great news for Riders and the CFL. Tillman has a lot of NFL contacts and pretty good media savvy and a lot of football passion. With the passing of Bob Ackles it may end up that Tillman picks up the torch and becomes a leader in helping keep an NFL team out of Canada.

However, the absolute best way to keep an NFL team out of Canada is for fans to not buy tickets in very big numbers to the Bills in TO. This seems to be happening as the first game is a month away and "cheap" seats are still available (now for a single game without having to commit to a multiple game package) for a mere $70 to $195.
You have to think that the first game should get the highest impact of fan interest as well. TV or $70 endzone tickets in Skydome......hmmmm, did I also mention exhibition to that, come on TO, get some perspective.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Great news for CFL fans.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

just head Tillman on TEAM 1040 send a shout out to Rob Murphy congratulating him on the triplets. Classy move considering everything that was said last year. :beauty:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Eric Tillman has my highest respect for what he did for the Lions.
Ravi
Legend

DanoT wrote:However, the absolute best way to keep an NFL team out of Canada is for fans to not buy tickets in very big numbers to the Bills in TO. This seems to be happening as the first game is a month away and "cheap" seats are still available (now for a single game without having to commit to a multiple game package) for a mere $70 to $195.
Wow! I hadn't realized that they are now selling single game tickets but I predicted on 13thman.com last week that those were coming. The original idea was to sell all of the tickets in 8 game packages and the NFL in Toronto people thought that they would be able to do that very easily. The underwhelming response to these games in Toronto has been a delight to see.