Lions Suck Comic

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

I spotted a Lions Suck Comic in todays Province (I don't know if the comics page can be linked). Now the comic doesn't ACTUALLY say BC Lions. Its three massive looking guys (wearing Lions shirts) working on some cans of (beer probably). They are standing outside a retractable roof stadium in the parking lot. Somebody's gone and dumped an old fridge in the parking lot. Taped to the fridge is a 'Lions Suck' sign! I think its meant to advertise a contact# for BC Hydro to get rid of old fridges. The Artist did a great job as it looks as though these Lions fans are ready to use this old fridge as a tacking dummy!!!
David
Team Captain

Well, I know every available square foot around BC Place is being taken up with everything but the kitchen sink, so somehow an empty fridge doesn't surprise me. Still, sounds rather odd nonetheless. :???:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
ziggy
Legend

Well I guess any acknowledgement the Lions exist in the press is something? Would have been nice to see another teams name of the fridge sticker though. Wonder where the cartoonist was originally from? Hmmmmmmmm
David
Team Captain

Just saw the comic and understand it now. The fridge was obviously just dumped in the parking lot prior to the tailgate party. The sign taped to the fridge was meant to infuriate these three burly (tailgaiting) Lions fans to the point that they would 'dispose' of the fridge themselves (that was the joke). The point of the illustration was to call B.C. Hydro for proper disposal.

If anything, it shows that we Lions fans are passionate! :thup: And that the illustrator showed incredibly good foresight in drawing a retractable roof in the background. :lol:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Just saw the comic and understand it now. The fridge was obviously just dumped in the parking lot prior to the tailgate party. The sign taped to the fridge was meant to infuriate these three burly (tailgaiting) Lions fans to the point that they would 'dispose' of the fridge themselves (that was the joke). The point of the illustration was to call B.C. Hydro for proper disposal.

If anything, it shows that we Lions fans are passionate! :thup: And that the illustrator showed incredibly good foresight in drawing a retractable roof in the background. :lol:

DH 8)
It's vaguely reminiscent of the guy who came on here posting about exploding a fridge at last year's WF TG; there was even a related youtube vid about it.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Just saw the comic and understand it now. The fridge was obviously just dumped in the parking lot prior to the tailgate party. The sign taped to the fridge was meant to infuriate these three burly (tailgaiting) Lions fans to the point that they would 'dispose' of the fridge themselves (that was the joke). The point of the illustration was to call B.C. Hydro for proper disposal.

DH 8)
Oh yeah, I got it right away too! I even checked out the BC Hydro website to see if I could find it :no: . I'll check back because I laughed (and therefore want to let others see it too). We may be passionate but we can still laugh at ourselves too.