Joe Smith returning to Lions - CKNW

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:This develoment validates my line of posts regarding Joe Smith's NFL prospects. I had speculated that a raft of high profile college juniors declaring for the draft would have an effect on Joe's NFL prospects. That appears to be exactly what has happened. Smith's people read the tea leaves and surmised that the Texans will opt for a RB in the 1st round. The draft will have a number of fairly high profile RBs this year but not one as good as Adrian Peterson. Run DMC (Arkansas - Jr) is expected to go first ( Raiders?) because of the hype, but if you saw Mike Maycock's very good analysis of draft eligible backs, you will know that Run's problem is that his legs go dead on the first hit. He thinks Illinois' Mendenhall is the best back available. The Texans will likely go for one of them or East Carolina's excellent Chris Johnson. The joke is on them though as Smith is better than any of them. He explodes into holes, finds the open space and keeps his legs moving after the first hit. Not great breakaway speed but in a four down league that isn't neccesarily a deal killer. Good to have Joe back in Lion colours for 3 more years.
Don't forget about Jonathan Stewart from Oregon. I love watching him run.