Riderfan emails George Black about canned noise

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Disturber
Champion

We just need to scream our lungs out whenever their O has the ball.
Go Lions!
The_Pauser
Legend

I better figure out where the Lost and Found area is, because I'm sure I'll be losing my voice at the game.
Roar you Lions roar!
wildthing
All Star

as a rider fan I can't believe someone sent the email to the league. to each their own I guess. Thankfully it only seems to be fans concerned about it, Austin will have the team prepared and noise will not be the same factor it was last year.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

I LOVE it.... it's already bugging their minds!! :yahoo:
LFITQ
Team Captain

as a rider fan I can't believe someone sent the email to the league.
Yeah but Wildthing, we've already established that you are a CFL fan who just happens to cheer for the Riders. You're different for some of the others. 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
footy
All Star

I read the Leader post today online and the local scribes are asking questions to Austin and Joseph about the noise and about BC Place pumping in crowd noise :lol: seriously are they looking for excuses arlready .....
chub

It turns out I happen to know one of the sound engineers that works for BC place....Im gonna find out the truth...if he'll tell me. He also works for EA sports in Vancouver programming sounds into games.

I am curious though. Im a Colts fan when it comes to the NFL, and my team has been accused numerous times of the same thing with piped in noise. I know Id be pretty upset as a fan if they were ever to be found guilty, but at the same time...there is the ol' motto 'If you aren't cheating, you're not trying."

If the Lions and BC place were to be found guilty of this...would it matter to you or not?

As a colts fan, Id have mixed feelings. But that said, they havent been found guilty of anything...so Im just letting the accusations slide.
Rammer
Team Captain

If you listened to the PA announcer last WDF when he tried to get above the crowd noise, it was difficult to hear him. The "canned noise" isn't needed bottom line, just let the Lions D take advantage of what 55K will bring to the Dome. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Disturber
Champion

This announcement appears at cfl.ca

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... 7&writer=7

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was two years ago that the Saskatchewan Roughriders were actually penalized for this infraction.
Go Lions!
Dan Russell
Legend

Also a note to not do the wave when BC is on offence guys.
hardhatlionsfan
prospect

Ok, so let me get this straight, Saskatchewan is scared to play here because of the nosie? I'm a Seattle Seahawks season ticket holder and this story sounds very familer. In 2005 the NY Giants came to Quest they had 11 false starts because of the noise and lost the game. The next year the Giants complained to the NFL and said the Seahawks piped in crowd noise. During that game and every game after the NFL audited the Seahawks to make sure they were not doing anything illegal. The NFL came back and said guess what? The Seahawks are doing everything the book. Its just that the fans are loud. The only thing the Seahawks do is while the opposing team in the huddle they pipe through a very loud tone. Almost like a 1K tone from a tone generator. After that its all the 12th man!!! Thats what will happen at BC Place on Sunday, the Lions will play some music while the Riders are in the huddle and then the "REAL 13TH MAN" will take over. I'm sorry Kent can't work around the crowed noise, I'm hearing a lot about how he did it in the 2004 Eastern Final with Toronto. There are so many different things about that building and how the sound works that I don't want to get into. Just remember this, its going to be loud I'm talking 110 DBS loud that is like hearing a chain saw right next to your ear. There is nothing you can do about that. So to get back to the whole thing about fake noise???? No there isn't any, thats what happens when you get 50, 000 crazy fans in a building that's budget ran out for sound proofing. GO LIONS!
Balraj
All Star

I got a question and to some it may seem dumb but if your sitting in the upper bowl and people down below obviously can't hear you, do you still make noise, even though most of the noise you hear is coming from the lower bowl?
Gerry
Legend

chub wrote:It turns out I happen to know one of the sound engineers that works for BC place....Im gonna find out the truth...if he'll tell me. He also works for EA sports in Vancouver programming sounds into games.

I am curious though. Im a Colts fan when it comes to the NFL, and my team has been accused numerous times of the same thing with piped in noise. I know Id be pretty upset as a fan if they were ever to be found guilty, but at the same time...there is the ol' motto 'If you aren't cheating, you're not trying."

If the Lions and BC place were to be found guilty of this...would it matter to you or not?

As a colts fan, Id have mixed feelings. But that said, they havent been found guilty of anything...so Im just letting the accusations slide.
Yeah, it would piss me off. I don't even like our loudspeaker cheerleader telling us when to cheer. I don't mind the fan-o-meter once in a while, but that's about it. It should be up to the fans to cheer and make noise at appropriate times.
Enough is enough.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Amazing that Rider fans would worry about this rather than how the FOOTBALL GAME will go on Sunday.

Amazing. :roll:
joesports
All Star

Gerry wrote:
chub wrote:It turns out I happen to know one of the sound engineers that works for BC place....Im gonna find out the truth...if he'll tell me. He also works for EA sports in Vancouver programming sounds into games.

Yeah, it would piss me off. I don't even like our loudspeaker cheerleader telling us when to cheer. I don't mind the fan-o-meter once in a while, but that's about it. It should be up to the fans to cheer and make noise at appropriate times.
:whs: