Worst Excuse for a Loss ever by a HC!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Well at least as far as I can recall. Berry is on a radio show discussing the Bombers when he comes up with a rather tell tale sign that he is looking for excuses.....He suggested more than once that the poor showing by the offense was due to practicing in wind all week and then facing zero wind in Skydome for the game....

Got to say, I have never heard that one used before....
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

If you go to http://www.cjob.com and listen to the audio vault on Monday October 29th at 7:00PM and listen at around 15 and 45 minutes, you will hear the observation by Doug Berry. You will need to join, but a funny comment after the excuse is that due to this, they left about 400 yards of O due to the "stagnant wind conditions". :roar:
joesports
All Star

Rammer wrote:If you go to http://www.cjob.com and listen to the audio vault on Monday October 29th at 7:00PM and listen at around 15 and 45 minutes, you will hear the observation by Doug Berry. You will need to join, but a funny comment after the excuse is that due to this, they left about 400 yards of O due to the "stagnant wind conditions". :roar:
Guess they should have cracked the roof to help them.

Is he trying to protect his job now as well???
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Stagnant wind.

Good one.

Sounds like methane gas from grazing cows.

What are the best, worst, lamest, funniest excuses you have ever heard?

Reporter: "Why did you drop that fly ball?"

Outfielder: "The sun got in my eyes."

Teacher: "Why are you late?"

Student: "Here is a note from my mom." The note reads: "My daughter is late because the car wouldn't start. Signed, My Mom"
GeeBrr

Rammer you seem to be spending a lot of time these days thinking about the Bombers, you must be pretty concerned about facing them :twisted:
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer you seem to be spending a lot of time these days thinking about the Bombers, you must be pretty concerned about facing them
Geez no credit whatsoever.

We have Rider fans coming on here saying Lions fans aren't really CFL fans and only look at what is happening with regards the Lions. And now we have Bomber fans accusing us of not focussing enough on just the Lions and are overly concerned about the amount of time we spend looking at other teams in the CFL.

On one hand we aren't CFL fans and on the other we aren't spending enough time being just Lions fans.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Hutch85
All Star

Rammer you seem to be spending a lot of time these days thinking about the Bombers, you must be pretty concerned about facing them
Nono, we're laughing *at* Berry, not *with* him... :wink:
Rammer
Team Captain

GeeBrr wrote:Rammer you seem to be spending a lot of time these days thinking about the Bombers, you must be pretty concerned about facing them :twisted:
What strikes me on this, is that you bothered to open this thread up, unless you had an inclination, given the title. :twisted:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:

We have Rider fans coming on here saying Lions fans aren't really CFL fans and only look at what is happening with regards the Lions. And now we have Bomber fans accusing us of not focussing enough on just the Lions and are overly concerned about the amount of time we spend looking at other teams in the CFL.

On one hand we aren't CFL fans and on the other we aren't spending enough time being just Lions fans.
The site is called Lionbackers. Correct?

So their opinion matters why, exactly?
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

:lol: Stagnant wind, that's definitely a new one.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

LFITQ wrote:

ahem....Bomber fan....not fans :wink:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
MacNews
Team Captain

LOL that is pretty good, the only thing the wind would 'affect' is the kicking game..and that would be a positive.
LFITQ
Team Captain

WCBF - you don't count. You are considered one of us whether you like it or not .... :lol:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Stagnent wind.

If you fart in the woods and no ones hears, is it stangnent wind?

If you fart in section 17 and it lingers for more than 10 minutes is it stangnent wind?

If a coach talks of stangnent wind is his head up his ass?
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

GeeBrr wrote:Rammer you seem to be spending a lot of time these days thinking about the Bombers, you must be pretty concerned about facing them :twisted:
This must be another example of stagnant wind!
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.