What if Joseph Was Injured?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

What happens if Kerry Joseph happens to get injured now ???

What happens to the Saskatchewan Rough Riders then???

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Shaggy
Starter

Calgary and Winnipeg and Toronto would all be in the same boat too.

I don't wish injuries on anyone or their teams. I like games being determined by the best rosters possible.

That being said, I think it's part of the reason you see Crandell playing for Sask. Now that they know they can't get first, they protect some starters and get some backups some reps.

I would look for much of the same next week with Calgary here at BC.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Shaggy wrote:Calgary and Winnipeg and Toronto would all be in the same boat too.

I don't wish injuries on anyone or their teams. I like games being determined by the best rosters possible.

That being said, I think it's part of the reason you see Crandell playing for Sask. Now that they know they can't get first, they protect some starters and get some backups some reps.

I would look for much of the same next week with Calgary here at BC.
I don't wish injury on any one either, but what about the aversity we have had to overcome when they tout the Riders and thier blemishless season, as if it was in the same arena as what the Leos have had to overcome...

Give me a big time break!!!

Let's even the playing field up a bit shall we???
RoarLionsRoar
Rookie

If the Riders lost Joseph or the Bombers lost Glenn, they'd be watching the playoffs from the comfort of their own homes.
Shaggy
Starter

PigSkin_53 wrote: I don't wish injury on any one either, but what about the aversity we have had to overcome when they tout the Riders and thier blemishless season, as if it was in the same arena as what the Leos have had to overcome...

Give me a big time break!!!

Let's even the playing field up a bit shall we???
What are you saying then? You want the Tonya Harding / Nancy Kerrigan scenario?
Someone takes out Joseph w/a tire iron and then you want Sask to play through adversity?
Joseph's a tough player, much the same as JJ and BP and even DD are.
They take their lumps and play through it as best they can.

As far as adversity, they've lost Dominguez, who I believe was leading the league in recieving yardage when he went down.
Davis was out for the same length of time as Marsh.
BC's been beat up, but so have other teams ( think Edmonton misses Ricky Ray right about now? )
I think the Lions just have better depth than some teams.

Like I said, they lose Joseph, they're in a tougher position than we are, but I don't wish that on anyone.
The Western Final will sort things out one way or the other. BC, Sask or Calgary will be heading to TO.
Dan Russell
Legend

Any of the other teams lose their starters they might as well forfeit their remaining games as they are done. No depth at QB in the league besides BC.
chub

Ummm...are you serious? Lets even the playing field??? What does that mean? Are you on any meds?
Jesus!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Site one team that has had to overcome that which player by player, line by line, has had to overcome more adversity than our team of great character?
Shaggy
Starter

PigSkin_53 wrote:Site one team that has had to overcome that which player by player, line by line, has had to overcome more adversity than our team of great character?
If that's what you're addressing, then why ask for the playing field to be levelled?

What do you want to see happen?
Should the Riders sit Joseph and play their third-string QB?
( BTW, Crandell DID win a Grey Cup MVP at one point in his career. It's not like he hasn't performed with the game on the line. )

If you want to applaud the Lions and their depth, you won't get an argument from me.
It's the wishing Joseph was out / injured that I find questionable.
I want the Lions to beat the best the opposition can field, with our best possible team on the field.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Shaggy wrote: It's the wishing Joseph was out / injured that I find questionable.
There was never any wish for Joseph to be out as you have so diminutive put it...

I merely asked how far the Riders would make it without their 1st string Qb ???
Shaggy
Starter

PigSkin_53 wrote:I merely asked how far the Riders would make it without their 1st string Qb ???
I, and others, commented on that. Everyone is in agreement they'd be in a much tougher position.
The same would hold true for Winnipeg, Calgary and Toronto.
PigSkin_53 wrote:Let's even the playing field up a bit shall we???
This is after I initially commented about not wishing injury on anyone.
You on one hand say the same, and then ask for the playing field to be levelled.

You point to all the injuries the Lions have had to overcome. We're all aware of that.
Clearly they have the best depth in the league at QB to go along with their best record ever.
As I mentioned, you won't get an argument as to how the Lions should be proud of their accomplishments in the face of adversity.

However, you still haven't adressed how you want the playing field evened up.
If you don't want Joseph injured, as you say, then what should happen? How do you want it levelled?
Please elaborate if possible, as I'm sure I'm not the only person to find it a puzzling remark.
That is why I called it questionable. ( I don't know how that becomes "diminutive" ).
The_Real_Deal
Rookie

PigSkin_53 wrote:Site one team that has had to overcome that which player by player, line by line, has had to overcome more adversity than our team of great character?
No team has had more injuries this year than the Roughriders.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

The_Real_Deal wrote:
:roll: To how many starters?
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

However, you still haven't adressed how you want the playing field evened up.
If you don't want Joseph injured, as you say, then what should happen? How do you want it levelled?
Please elaborate if possible, as I'm sure I'm not the only person to find it a puzzling remark.
That is why I called it questionable. ( I don't know how that becomes "diminutive" ).

How about we take away your cock sure attitude that your view is God's gift to the rest of us unwashed…
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

The_Real_Deal wrote:
Lion injuries to date:
Dickenson
Pierce
Jamall Johnson
Glatt
Floyd
Simon
McCallum
Clovis
Marsh
Washington
Banks
Miles

Someone tell me how competitive the Riders would be without Joseph, Crandell and Dominguez at the same time. Toss in your shutdown corner, your nickleback and one of your halfbacks. Yeah, I didn't think so.