Should We Replace Kato??

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Kato Kasuya has been with our Leos for 27th seasons. He started as a ball boy and became our assistant equipment manager in 1984 and took over those duties in 1994. It's a huge job and Kato has always done a great job.

However, Kato has also been to Commonwealth a number of times and knows the field and what tactics the Eskimos use. We needed to change our cleats and ended up doing that thouughout the first half and during half time.

However, for a few Lionbackers, a quarterback is only as good as his last game and that criterion should be applied to every position in the organization including equipment manager. I've always loved Kato but is the veteran on a slide...like we were sliding in Edmonton? Should we think of giving someone else a start next game at equipment manager?

I realize that the focus is always on the quarterback position for a few Lionbackers. There are no other positions on the field that factor into winning and losing? However, the equipment manager also plays an important role!!

We've been on a winning streak with Kato as our equipment manager for a long time. Do we continue with that momentum or do we bring in a change after a game that was a bit ugly. It's something to contemplate, for the quarterback position, the running back position, and the equipment manager's position!!!! :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
ryant
Rookie

Can't you give it a rest already.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Blitz has earned the right to let off some steam.
Blitz
Team Captain

Can't you give it a rest already.
I'm just trying to look at those other positions through the same straw you look at a football game but am not just focused on the quarterback.

Can't you figure out that football is more complex than if we lose (rarely) or we win a little ugly and the only focus is on the quarterback. It's not only boring but it's so one dimensional it is beyond frustrating!!

Our team wins and scores lots.."Quarterback good"!! Our team loses or plays a bit ugly "Quarterback bad and should get replaced!" The quarterback posiiton is the most important position on the field but it's not the only one...and sometimes it's such an obsession that I wonder if any other part of the game is watched by a few on here!

No matter what is written about the quarterback position or no matter how many Buck fans or Dickenson fans try to angle it....Jarious is going to be our starter the rest of the way. He may get taken out of a game but this season won't be a repeat of 2004 and 2005, in terms of the starting quarterback position.

Wally will focus on the other areas that we need to improve upon to play better and we will play a lot better at home against Edmonton. I like both Jarious and Buck for the future. They have different strengths and areas that they need to improve upon. I like Dickenson as a backup, coming in first the rest of the way, because his style is so different from Jarious.... but I really don't know who Wally will go with first if he feels he needs to make a change during a game at the quarterback position.

However, it's not at quarterback that we need to get things fixed most! We need to make adjustments to our game planning and play calling in the first half of games and start exploiting the way defenses are playing us. We need to also change the plays we use in our running attack when defenses are stacking the inside run.

Those are the offensive changes we need to make more. It would also be an advantage to be able to find a way to get Rodges open more often and Boden so we don't always focus on Simon, Clermont, and Jackson. It would help open up the pass attack a little more.
Last edited by Blitz on Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
ryant
Rookie

Even though we all may not have the football knowledge you have, I think we are all smart enough to see that there are problems outside of the qb. As I am sure that you see that there are problems with the qb. What I don't think we need are endless threads trying to hammer this point into us as if we were all 3 year olds. And I guess I don't understand the "Blitz has earned the right.." statement. I think we all have the right to say what we want, but there comes a point when I believe overkill has been reached.
pinkfreud

If they changed their cleats throughout the first half and during halftime why should Kato be replaced? What more could he have done?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:If they changed their cleats throughout the first half and during halftime why should Kato be replaced? What more could he have done?
Someone has to be sacrificed, pinkfreud.

It is the law of the jungle.

Poor Kato. He served us well.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

ryant wrote:Can't you give it a rest already.
When you learn respect for vertern focus this is the first step in broadening your horizons, and graduating your rookie statice "ryant".
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
pinkfreud

WestCoastJoe wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:If they changed their cleats throughout the first half and during halftime why should Kato be replaced? What more could he have done?

We're not sacrificing Kato. Good lord.
Blitz
Team Captain

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The crowds were getting tired of the same old sacrifices pink freud! They took them to the top of the ruins and lopped off the quarterback head after each game but the crowds stopped cheering as loud because they got bored seeing quarterback's heads rolling down each step to the bottom.

So the rulers need to consider rolling some new heads down the stairs to keep the blood thirst crowds coming out to the sacrifices. It'a a horrible thing to do to Kato as West Coast Joe adeptly notes...we all love him so!!

However, the crowds are always thirsty for sacrifices and it's a good way of appeasing them. Sometimes a change in the type of head that is sacrificed can do wonders for crowd morale!! :wink:
Last edited by Blitz on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Well, if Edmonton is going to water their field, and Winnipeg won't put heaters on the visitor's sideline, then maybe we should put heaters on the visitor's sideline at BC Place. If other teams are going to screw around with the road teams then we should make it an extra hot night for them when they're under the dome. Turnaround is fair play if you ask me.
Shelion
Champion

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Well, if Edmonton is going to water their field, and Winnipeg won't put heaters on the visitor's sideline, then maybe we should put heaters on the visitor's sideline at BC Place. If other teams are going to screw around with the road teams then we should make it an extra hot night for them when they're under the dome. Turnaround is fair play if you ask me.
:lol:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

When the Peskies are punting or trying to kick a field goal, B.C. Place should crank up the blowers to Hurricane force. Blow the ball back over their heads. That would fix those cheaters from Northern Alberta. :wink:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

"Whatsamatta, can't kick into the wind?" :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
120dB
Legend

opening up one of the airlock doors at one end of the stadium will make for a big wind in that end zone