Canucks getting bumped to 14 CFUN; Lions staying on Team1040

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

I hear that the Canucks tommorow will be bumped to 14 CFUN and the Lions will stay on 1040. I believe the two teams were supposed to be alternating stations so this year the Lions would be bumped to CFUN; mabey the Lions kicked up a stink about this.

My next banner will read: MABEY
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Apparently the deal this year is that the Canucks bump to CFUN, then next season, the Lions get the boot up there.

Hellooooo.. CKNW, hopefully. But only if the Canucks stay with the Team1040.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Just for Canucks pre-season games. Once the NHL regular season starts.... Lions games shift to CFUN. In 2008, it goes back the other way.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Will that affect listening online?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Just for Canucks pre-season games. Once the NHL regular season starts.... Lions games shift to CFUN. In 2008, it goes back the other way.
So the Lions are on CFUN on Oct 5th, and Oct, 20th?

CKNW can't get the rights quickly enough for my liking.
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Will that affect listening online?
Only if you try and listen to the TEAM1040 for the Lion games.
Entertainment value = an all time low
120dB
Legend

If the Western Final on Nov 18th starts at 3 or 3:30 (as it did in 2005), we are faced with the scary prospect of the Western final on 14 CFUN.

This will hurt more than the CBC blackout fiasco.
Rammer
Team Captain

120dB wrote:If the Western Final on Nov 18th starts at 3 or 3:30 (as it did in 2005), we are faced with the scary prospect of the Western final on 14 CFUN.

Except that the playoffs are not blacked out.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Bosco
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:Just for Canucks pre-season games. Once the NHL regular season starts.... Lions games shift to CFUN. In 2008, it goes back the other way.

Lawrence - you would really like to see the Lions back on CKNW? The 30 minute pre-game shows? Post game shows that were basically a rumour? The bare bones lip service that cronies like McRae and Russell gave them?

Granted, there wouldn't be conflicts like the Lions fans currently face with TEAM, (and coverage by Jim Mullen and Rick Dahliwal is top notch), but play by play belongs on a sports station - not a news station.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

120dB wrote:If the Western Final on Nov 18th starts at 3 or 3:30 (as it did in 2005), we are faced with the scary prospect of the Western final on 14 CFUN.

If it starts at 3:00 and the Lions are hosting it could be interesting in the parking lots. Lion fans would get a 2 hour head start on the available spaces. with the Canuck game starting across the street at 5:00.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Charlene

What does mabey mean?

:roll:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Charlene wrote:What does mabey mean?

:roll:
It's 120db's way of getting attention.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:
Solar Max wrote:

Lawrence - you would really like to see the Lions back on CKNW? The 30 minute pre-game shows? Post game shows that were basically a rumour? The bare bones lip service that cronies like McRae and Russell gave them?

Granted, there wouldn't be conflicts like the Lions fans currently face with TEAM, (and coverage by Jim Mullen and Rick Dahliwal is top notch), but play by play belongs on a sports station - not a news station.
I would, provided that the Canucks stayed with Team1040.

Consider that mighty Corus lost first the Lions, (which McRae and Bill Good among others laughed off, then dissed the Lions for) then they lost the Holy Grail, our Lords and Masters over at the Garage. Sacrilege.

So now they'd have a shot at getting back into the game, with JUST the Lions, at least until 2012 is it? Canucks contract expires then IIRC? They'd would do it right, because they'd HAVE to, or else see the Lions walk...again. One season only, see how it goes.

Let's compare the two:

Team1040:

Barry MacDonald, hates the idea of going to a game because his kid got a beer dumped on him once. Doesn't really know the team or the players, but does know the politics, because that's easy. Knows about 3:30 starts in Toronto, Abdullah trash talking, couldn't tell you how long say Pierce is signed for, or how fast Geroy is in the 40.

Scott Rintoul is the only star in this group. Knows the team, enjoys the game, loves the players.

Bob Morjanovich (Moj) likes the game, but far prefers the NFL. An ok Post game show host, but would really rather follow the Seahawks.

Blake Price, although he has shown interest of late, is a hockey guy only.

Dave Pratt, watches the Lions at home, even though he lives minutes from the dome.

Don Taylor, along with Ball and Rintoul, are the only three starters that team1040 has.

Rick Ball is the PbP guy and one of the holy trinity. If NW got the broadcasts, he and Guilio would go to NW, just as Larscheid and Shorthouse left NW to go to the team last year

NW98:

Jim Mullin, knows the CIS, knows the Lions, knows the CFL, knows the game. Would be great doing PbP.

Rick Dhaliwahl, diss him if you will, but he was THE reason that team1040 had any scoops about the Lions. He left, and team1040 started covering the Lions via Canadian Press newswire copy. He would be great again.

Dan Russell has all of a sudden STOPPED dissing the Lions, and started learning his stuff. Now why would that be?

Neil McRae would be excellent on post game; how many would call just to call him a jerk?

NW would do it right, because they'd HAVE to.
smphantom
Legend

Solar Max wrote:Dan Russell has all of a sudden STOPPED dissing the Lions, and started learning his stuff. Now why would that be?
I have noticed that as well, Lawrence. :shock:
Have to give Russell some props for the Lions coverage these days.
Stay thirsty my friends.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rick Ball is the PbP guy and one of the holy trinity. If NW got the broadcasts, he and Guilio would go to NW, just as Larscheid and Shorthouse left NW to go to the team last year
and
Jim Mullin, knows the CIS, knows the Lions, knows the CFL, knows the game. Would be great doing PbP.
2 PbP? Which one loses out in your dream? Last I heard only 1 could do it.

Depending on demands between TSN and Sportsnet, Taylor may have to move too.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??