Sept 15th Tailgate w/ special guest

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

I have just received word that the tailgate on Sept 15th at the Cambie bridge tailgate site will have a special guest.

Bob Ackles will be in attendance from 4:30 until 5:15.

Bring your best. Let's show him that we can have a good clean fun tailgate and that we are the backbone of the Lions!

Please, make sure all the tailgating 101 rules are followed.
Last edited by LFITQ on Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
pinkfreud

Wow, that's great. My dad and stepmother are coming down from Kamloops for the game. Dad will be most impressed.
lion24
Legend

May be a good chance for Bob and smphantom to talk to Mr. Ackles about their "security" issues?
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Ultra cool.
Rick James
Legend

I have a beef tenderloin going on a spit for that TG'er. And a bunch of dirty pg skids that are coming down for a scorpions concert.
lion24
Legend

Rick James wrote:I have a beef tenderloin going on a spit for that TG'er. And a bunch of dirty pg skids that are coming down for a scorpions concert.
And a bunch of dirty pg skids that are coming down for a scorpions concert???? :?
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Charlene

Why is Ackles coming? It's cool, fo shiz...just wondering why he decided to come, who asked him to...and why he would want to hang out with a bunch of drunk peeps in a parking lot? hehe

I bet he's coming specifically for the tenderloin

;o)
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Either that or Scorpions ducats.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:May be a good chance for Bob and smphantom to talk to Mr. Ackles about their "security" issues?
Personally I hope his short visit isn't filled of complaints. There are other avenues for that. :thup:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
pinkfreud

lion24 wrote:May be a good chance for Bob and smphantom to talk to Mr. Ackles about their "security" issues?
It would probably be better to just show him a good time, how much fun it is, the positive stuff. If ever the majority of the lots starting getting "sticky" about tailgating, it would be nice to have him as an advocate. If all we do is whine to him he'd be less likely to show support, if he were that way inclined at all.
Last edited by pinkfreud on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Bobs not the guy to talk to. Its Eric Borgelund or Brian Griffin BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Quesdad
Champion

I asked Ken to post this and of course I've told Bobby that those at the tailgate are the real fans who have been here both win or lose. My hope is that everyone has an opportunity to meet and speak to him and thank him for what he has done for our team. If there are issues lets look to their solutions in another venue but, be assured they are being addressed (yes BB you know what I mean).
Now its likely when I bring him down he will be accompanied by Kay his wife (at least the invite was presented and they are rarely seen apart) so be civil even if it hurts!!. Now, his time frame is short but hopefully if , what I know you can do ,the event should create a positive impression throughout the organization resulting in further guest appearances from the Lion organisation. It must be understood that Bobby has another obligation starting at five so I will be ensuring he meets his time schedule.
Just know he is doing this in recognition of what each and everyone of you mean to the club. The clubs success is based as much on your support as the action on the field, and no one knows that more than Bobby.
So lets show him the best side of the game,........ call friends and neighbours... et al, lets overwhelm him with a show of support that the club could never buy!!
Let him know its us, that foundation the club rests on and that we hold that responsibiltily with pride and honour because its more than just a game to us!!!
I look forward to your support and hopefully we can carry this to the Grey Cup and our own Meet and Greet (listening Derek ... we have to get together on it).
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Wonder if he'll pay for his own parking at the TG?
:bang: :x
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
lion24
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:
It would probably be better to just show him a good time, how much fun it is, the positive stuff. If ever the majority of the lots starting getting "sticky" about tailgating, it would be nice to have him as an advocate. If all we do is whine to him he'd be less likely to show support, if he were that way inclined at all.
Ok then, don't ask about the security issues. Like I said keep it positive :thup: :lol:
Charlene

Soundy wrote:Wonder if he'll pay for his own parking at the TG?
:bang: :x
As if he will park there, he's got his own special spot. Only fools park in the Cambie lot!

:lol: