Another new rule??

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

I read an article today in the fishwrap about an imminent Lions' signing....IIRC, the player's name was McCullough (IIRC)....a NI DL who wasn't drafted last week .......the article was primarily about the Lions' interest in his long snapping ability and how he may unseat Tyson Craiggs.

What I also found interesting was a reference to teams having 2 "priority" NI free agent signings available to them.

Is this another new rule that the league has kept hushed for some odd reason?........much like the Lions ability to sign Plante and Boden without them going through the draft last season.

Why isn't the league transparent about these things?
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Camouflage Football League - we hide it, you find it is the motto.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blitz
Team Captain

read an article today in the fishwrap about an imminent Lions' signing....IIRC, the player's name was McCullough (IIRC)....a NI DL who wasn't drafted last week .......the article was primarily about the Lions' interest in his long snapping ability and how he may unseat Tyson Craiggs.
Could it be McCulloch of the Gators?
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=rost ... os_id=1028

The article was from a maritime paper.

I guess we'll find out soon enough........
Lloyd
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Lloyd
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
it can't be him!!
So what is the deal on McCullough ?
Ravi
Legend

Why doesn't the media find out about this stuff and inform us? Oh, I forgot that they are too busy kissing the butts of the NHL teams in this country.
Tighthead
Legend

The Gators thing had me way confused. I would have heard more about a Canadian on the BCS champs.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:The Bishop Gators?
I thought it was the Bishop Gaiters, not Gators.... :hypno:
Blitz
Team Captain

I read an article today in the fishwrap about an imminent Lions' signing....IIRC, the player's name was McCullough (IIRC)....a NI DL who wasn't drafted last week .......the article was primarily about the Lions' interest in his long snapping ability and how he may unseat Tyson Craiggs.
ShiZiMi.....you had the scoop on this way ahead of everyone!!! :rockin: :rockin: :thup: :thup: Looks like it it Dan McCullough of the GAITERS that the Leos will sign in the next couple of days!!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
ShiZiMi.....you had the scoop on this way ahead of everyone!!! :rockin: :rockin: :thup: :thup: Looks like it it Dan McCullough of the GAITERS that the Leos will sign in the next couple of days!!
That's why I faithfully read the fishwrap....... :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
Lloyd