2007 Schedule

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Realistically how many people can watch a Thursday game starting at 3:30 PM. Most of them are still at their work place.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Wally! wrote:Now for the the two Staurday games after the NHL season starts, I just don't get what they're thinking. Wouldn't afternoon games be better so you avoid any conflicts with the only other major sports team in town?
Although it may not affect attendance too much, it should be mentioned anyways. The Thursday, August 2 game conflicts with a scheduled home Vancouver Whitecaps game.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Wally! wrote:Now for the the two Staurday games after the NHL season starts, I just don't get what they're thinking. Wouldn't afternoon games be better so you avoid any conflicts with the only other major sports team in town?
Although it may not affect attendance too much, it should be mentioned anyways. The Thursday, August 2 game conflicts with a scheduled home Vancouver Whitecaps game.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Canuck_4_Life wrote:
Robbie wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:
:lol: post of the year
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

the vancouver canadians host everett the night of august 2nd also, its Aids Awareness night, like I'm gonna go to that over football, but should be noted that some fans may go because of the importance of a mid-season Single A game.

(I couldn't resist)
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I said I would protest if the schedule included Thursday night games, so I did. Here's a copy of my note to Bob Ackles:
Bob,
I wish to register my great disappointment at the Thursday night games on the 2007 schedule. As a loyal season ticket-holder, I renewed in good faith expecting the usual mix of Friday and Saturday night games, although my stated preference in repeated fan polls on the topic has been for an all-Saturday home schedule.

Thursday home games have been introduced with no advance warning and, to me, are a retrograde step. Attending a game on a Thursday is not an option for me without booking a day off work, and that is extremely difficult to arrange in the summer.

I love CFL football and anxiously await the new season but I hate the prospect of having to miss 20% of the games for which I've already committed to buy tickets.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

At least the 2007 schedule is an improvement over 2006. The early starts in the east on weeknights are not great, not just for the BC audience but I think 6:30PM is too early for the local crowd. Great if you work downtown, but tough for anyone else to commute in for the game.

Those early games will be great for Team 1040's afternoon drive ratings.
nelson95
Legend

7:30 weeknight start is nice for those of us ...out....deep ...in ..the ...valley
Missing whole periods of Canuck games just trying to get in :x
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:I said I would protest if the schedule included Thursday night games, so I did. Here's a copy of my note to Bob Ackles:
Bob,
I wish to register my great disappointment at the Thursday night games on the 2007 schedule. As a loyal season ticket-holder, I renewed in good faith expecting the usual mix of Friday and Saturday night games, although my stated preference in repeated fan polls on the topic has been for an all-Saturday home schedule.

Thursday home games have been introduced with no advance warning and, to me, are a retrograde step. Attending a game on a Thursday is not an option for me without booking a day off work, and that is extremely difficult to arrange in the summer.

I love CFL football and anxiously await the new season but I hate the prospect of having to miss 20% of the games for which I've already committed to buy tickets.
Nice job... :thup:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
squishy35
Legend

I've penciled in "Road Trip" to Calgary July 28. :yes:
You_cant _kill_me
prospect

Robbie wrote:
Are there any conflicts with the FIFA (Soccer) 2007 U-20 men's World Cup coming to Swangard this summer! The World Cup schedule has been released and but what countries will play in Burnaby has not been done.

If Brazil, Scotland, Canada, or . . . play at Swangard the crowds will be insane. There are 7 games at Swangard from June to July 11 but I'm not sure when the Lion's season starts?

http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/U20M2007/to ... 11,00.html
Robbie
Hall of Famer

You_cant _kill_me wrote:Are there any conflicts with the FIFA (Soccer) 2007 U-20 men's World Cup coming to Swangard this summer! The World Cup schedule has been released and but what countries will play in Burnaby has not been done.
The scheduled July 1, 4, 7, and 11 games at Swangard do not conflict with any Lions games.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

I think 6:30PM is too early for the local crowd. Great if you work downtown, but tough for anyone else to commute in for the game.
Agreed. That Toronto start time just sucks sideways. I think my wife and I will stay downtown for that one.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:I said I would protest if the schedule included Thursday night games, so I did. Here's a copy of my note to Bob Ackles:
Bob,

Bob Ackles has just sent a response to my note. At least my concerns have been noted for next year. :thup:
Hello Lorne;

Thank-you for your comments and thank you for your support as a season ticket holder.

As you can imagine, putting together the CFL schedule is no easy task and it?s important to note that what has been finalized is a CFL schedule not just a BC Lions schedule. We are but one voice in a partnership of clubs, broadcasters, stadium operators and numerous other parties that have a vested interest in our business operations.

Each year, we do our very best to provide a consistent and fan-friendly schedule to the vast majority of our supporters, and I believe we have done that again for 2007. Having said that, I appreciate your situation and I am disappointed with the prospect that you may have to miss two games this year. I do thank you for this feedback however, because it reinforces our efforts when we sit down to do it all again next year.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you at BC Place this summer.

Bob Ackles,

President and Chief Executive Officer

BC Lions Football Club
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote:
Bob Ackles has just sent a response to my note. At least my concerns have been noted for next year. :thup:
Hello Lorne;

Thank-you for your comments and thank you for your support as a season ticket holder.

As you can imagine, putting together the CFL schedule is no easy task and it?s important to note that what has been finalized is a CFL schedule not just a BC Lions schedule. We are but one voice in a partnership of clubs, broadcasters, stadium operators and numerous other parties that have a vested interest in our business operations.

Each year, we do our very best to provide a consistent and fan-friendly schedule to the vast majority of our supporters, and I believe we have done that again for 2007. Having said that, I appreciate your situation and I am disappointed with the prospect that you may have to miss two games this year. I do thank you for this feedback however, because it reinforces our efforts when we sit down to do it all again next year.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you at BC Place this summer.

Bob Ackles,

President and Chief Executive Officer

BC Lions Football Club
REmember the Lions are only one of three partners (minimum), the opposition, the Lions and the League that have to doordinate that schedule, and will Ackles is saying all the correct thigns in his response, the only thing that may come about is the Lions refusing the Thursday game that falls in a work week.

In order to try and maximize things, the Lions will be asked to try games on different days/times in order to enhance their attendance or league viewership. I like you don't care for that Thursday mark, but it may expose the Lions to people that are in town for a holidays and give them a chance to do something on an otherwise quiet night.
Entertainment value = an all time low