Coaching vacancy at McGill

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wonder Chapdelaine is interested ?
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Wonder Chapdelaine is interested ?
He is suppose to step into the Eskimos HC position after this season, that may be the pot of gold he is looking at first.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Doubtful. The Esks' OC job pays better, guaranteed, and as Rammer says comes with a strong shot at a Head Coaching job if Macioca kicks himself upstairs next year, or if Ottawa is back in business for 2008. :cr: Besides, that McGill job will be difficult - they face tough competition for athletes in that conference, and admissions standards at McGill also make it tough to get the kind of players they might like.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Kent Gilchrist reports in Friday's paper that SFU has bumped up its head coach salary to $90,000 and among the applicants are Barrett and Paopao.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Kent Gilchrist reports in Friday's paper that SFU has bumped up its head coach salary to $90,000 and among the applicants are Barrett and Paopao.
They really didn't have much of a choice if they wanted to attract a decent candidate. Still, though, you can bet that Chapdelaine is getting paid more than that by the Esks...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
maddeep73
Champion

Kent Gilchrist reports in Friday's paper that SFU has bumped up its head coach salary to $90,000 and among the applicants are Barrett and Paopao.

They really didn't have much of a choice if they wanted to attract a decent candidate. Still, though, you can bet that Chapdelaine is getting paid more than that by the Esks...
It'll be interesting to see if SFU wants to go high profile. While Paopao and Barrett bring strong resumees, high profile candidates can be lightning rods for criticism should failure occur. Judging on SFU's season last year? Paopao might end up pining for Ottawa!
Keepin' it real
nelson95
Legend

SFU would be idiots not to hire Terry Baily
Barrett/PaoPao gone at 1st sniff of CFL head coaching job. SFUs recruiting is messed for years. The AD should be canned.
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Kent Gilchrist reports in Friday's paper that SFU has bumped up its head coach salary to $90,000 and among the applicants are Barrett and Paopao.
Didn't see the story but if true this has to be involving alumni funding somehow as I suspect that is far beyond the average coaching salary at SFU.

I too would like to think that Terry Bailey would be given a look but I suspect that he is viewed as the past.

Nothing against a Barrett or Paopao either, but I am sure they'd prefer the pros but work is work I guess.