Paris Jackson signs a contract extension

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

The leading Lions receiver in the 2006 Grey Cup game and second-leading receiver in the 2006 regular season just signed a contract extension.

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... &nid=14758
Wally!
Starter

As Borat would say, "I like"
lion24
Legend

:rockin: :thup: that is great news as paris had his best games in the playoffs with some unbelievable catches! i think he will surpass thelwell's production and i think will be mentioned as one of the best canadian receivers ever by the end of his career. my last request is for wally to sign clermont to an extension,unfortunately i have a feeling that may not happen :bang:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote: my last request is for wally to sign clermont to an extension,unfortunately i have a feeling that may not happen :bang:
I think it will happen.
Dan
Rookie

I think it's excellent news that Paris has re signed. Given the opportunity if he stays healthy I think he will break 1000 yrds this year.
maddeep73
Champion

I think it's excellent news that Paris has re signed. Given the opportunity if he stays healthy I think he will break 1000 yrds this year.

With Thelwell on his way out, anything less than 1000 would be a disappointment imo. Jackson proved in the playoffs that he is ready for prime time... now we just have to wait for the next step.
Keepin' it real
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Let's all hope that when the Lions need 10 yards for a first down, Jackson runs 10 or 12 yards instead of 7 or 8. Seen too many of those mental errors last year.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Let's all hope that when the Lions need 10 yards for a first down, Jackson runs 10 or 12 yards instead of 7 or 8. Seen too many of those mental errors last year.
In the "too many of those" category..........I'd like to see him work on his concentration holding onto the football after the catch.......IIRC, he had a number of fumbles fighting for extra yards.
Lloyd
Bosco
Team Captain

With speculation of Jason Cleremont's "possible" departure, this sets up Jackson to be more of a go to guy in the Lions offense.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Based ont eh way last season finished, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson as more of a "go to" guy regardless of JC's status. It might be one of the reasons why JC apparently wants out.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
nelson95
Legend

Future Outstanding Canadian award
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
lion24
Legend

i second that :thup: :thup:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP