NFL Tall QB'S ?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

moby

Rex Grossman 6'1" 217

Drew Brees 6'0" 209

Someone forgot to tell these guys that they aren't tall enough to play in the NFL.

Maybe it's because they are truley gifted athletes?

Or maybe, just maybe they are just good QB's.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The NFL is slowly coming around to realize that it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog. (or something like that)
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

But, they still taller than Dougie
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
David
Team Captain

If Rex Grossman is 6'1", :lol: I'm Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

He's so short, he needs a 7 step drop just to see over the line.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
moby

Rex doesn't look 6'1" to me either.

Didn't mean to leave out Jeff Garcia !!! Listed at 6'1" 200

I am sure there are many more, i.e., Flutie.

Just kinda always gets my craw when they say --- Proto-typical size for the NFL.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

It would be interesting to go back and see how tall Grossman was at the NFL Combine. The Combine is the place where they get the REAL heights and weights on these guys, not the bull@#$# numbers that their school's "football information office" cranks out. Inevitably, they find that most of these guys have shrunk on the way to the combine, and their alleged 40 time has gotten far slower. In fact, most guys won't run at the combine anymore, claiming that the Astroturf inside the climate controlled RCA Dome in Indianapolis is a, "slow track". :roll:
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:It would be interesting to go back and see how tall Grossman was at the NFL Combine. The Combine is the place where they get the REAL heights and weights on these guys, not the bull@#$# numbers that their school's "football information office" cranks out. Inevitably, they find that most of these guys have shrunk on the way to the combine, and their alleged 40 time has gotten far slower. In fact, most guys won't run at the combine anymore, claiming that the Astroturf inside the climate controlled RCA Dome in Indianapolis is a, "slow track". :roll:
The numbers are generally relative to one another at that position, so while they may not be 6'1", a Doug Flutie doesn't measure up to his height either. Once it got started, influencing an opposition that is just looking at the numbers of the team they are going to face has become common place.

Funnier height measures, were when the players that were fringe NBA calibre, started showing up in the WBA (I think that is the old leagues title), where every player had to be 6'3" or shorter. A players height was dramatically different than what he was when he tried out in the NBA and also it was amazing how many 6'3" players there wre all of a sudden.
Entertainment value = an all time low
stansz
Champion

too bad rex grossman isnt nearly the same calibre the qb brees is

dont mention how the saints loss tho
pumped!!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

stansz wrote:too bad rex grossman isnt nearly the same calibre the qb brees is
That may be true but Grossman won. After everything is said and done, that is all that really matters.
kenny
Champion

Now that Flutie is out of the league...when role call is taken for sub 6 foot QB's nobody stands up. Having a few extra inches makes being QB a little easier.
I have trouble using the word Grossman and QB in the same sentence. Guys like Brees are the exception not he rule. Garcia is constantly rolling right when he passes....he is not much of a pocket passer. How much that has to do with his height...you would have to ask Andy Reid or Jeff.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

kenny wrote:Now that Flutie is out of the league...when role call is taken for sub 6 foot QB's nobody stands up. Having a few extra inches makes being QB a little easier.
I have trouble using the word Grossman and QB in the same sentence. Guys like Brees are the exception not he rule. Garcia is constantly rolling right when he passes....he is not much of a pocket passer. How much that has to do with his height...you would have to ask Andy Reid or Jeff.
Isn't Seneca Wallace about 5'9"?
Lloyd