shortage of quality quarterbacks

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

i was just thinking of the future of the quarterback for the next few years in the cfl:
LIONS: most deep with dickenson,pierce,jackson and probably the reason of trade rumours recently

ESKIMOS:ray then not much,jyles looks promising but unproven

STAMPS:talented but inconsistent burris then an aging mcmanus

RIDERS:joseph who is a different qb from game to game(never know what your going to get),crandell and butler who has shown flashes of brilliance

ARGOS: aging(to say the least) allen who is a free agent and coming of offseason hand surgery,bishop who shows potential but comes and go's from the arena league and never has enough starts to get in any rhythm

ALS: another aging qb who seemed to take a step back last year even though making it to the cup,crandell and white who do not look anything resembling a starting qb

TICATS: maas who may or may not have been fighting injuries but is young enough still if he can regain some of his confidence he played with as an esk,Brady? is he there still,the other guy(quinn?) who played a bit but looked awful(cannot remember his name)

BOMBERS: glenn who again looks great at times but then makes bone head plays other times,banks who has not played much and has struggled in limited time.

so there it is and that is why there is pierce trade rumours!! and why,as much as it would suck to play against him the cfl needs printers back to strengthen the qb position in the cfl.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Rammer
Team Captain

On the Als, I think that you mean Greene.

Quinn was with the Bombers, no?

I think that Edmonton has the two most interesting candidates for the backup position now. Past that the only other team that can slot in a QB is the Riders if their starter goes down, and get a win. But even that would be based more on their D, than their backup. Bishop is back in the AFL and won't be back until that run finishes.

Lions are sitting pretty in comparison to the rest of the CFL, but also have seemed to need that backup more than most the last few seasons.

AS for Printers returning, I am not worried about facing him, as the Lions D, isn't about to let him move the ball at will on us. They are far better than anything that CP faced while a Lion and had difficulties against, but it sure will add to the hype if it comes to pass.
Entertainment value = an all time low
lion24
Legend

thanks for the correction on greene rammer, i knew that but hey, rookie mistake? the rest of the ticats qbs i was trying to remember were eakin and richie williams who both played but seemed to struggle as well.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: Quinn was with the Bombers, no?
Was til he played the Lions. :yes:
Dan Russell
Legend

Lions won't have to worry about facing Printers for at least 2 years and the failed NFL run will affect him adversely when and if he returns to the CFL. I doubt he ever comes close to another MVP season in the CFL if he returns.
OV - 54:40
Champion

You never know when a young, unhearlded QB can come into the CFL and make a team and be impressive or even great when they get the opportunity - who here ever heard of Ricky Ray, Casey Printers or Buck Pierce before the start of the CFL TCs they started out in?

The Als have Jesse Palmer in the wings - could be a good CFL QB but who knows at this point; the Esks - always seeming to be able to sign or develop good QBs - signed Stefan Lefors this past off-season and this guy might be a made for the CFL type QB - looked excellent in the East - West Shrine game i saw him in and was drafted by the Panthers and was on their roster some. Eric Crouch might make a decent CFL QB for the Argos. Lots of possiblities each season for a decent or very good new CFL QB to emerge.
kidder
Rookie

Wow, I new we were in good shape in the QB department, but after going thru your list, ............... I'm giddy. Can someone please make the season start tomorrow !