Rob Murphy likely going to NFL ...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Wally!
Starter

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/ar ... 50519_4236

Too bad - he was a real key to keeping DD on his feet. Wally always seems to find a way to plug these holes though.

Good luck in the NFL.
jim604
All Star

:bawl:
Rammer
Team Captain

Well he is trying out, I hope he remembers the rides in with DD talking about the NFL business/politics aspect. In the CFL he will get paid, but not at the salary nor pension that he is enhancing if he does make it. That said, for a guy with a family, he can enjoy that as well during the season in the CFL, NFL not so much.

I wish the best for him, but there is a very large welcome mat placed with his name on it at the Surrey Head Office of the Lions. Good Luck Murph56
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sorry to see him heading south but I wish him the very best.
roaring_lion
Rookie

Very sad to hear that. What happened to the guy's rights we recieved in the Jojaun Armour trade? Maybe he could fill in?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions tried to sign him in the off season but was unsuccessful. Guess he was waiting for the NFL to come a knocking........
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

All the best to Rob, and thanks for playing a major role in bringing a championship to our city. Your tenacity, strength, and attitude will be missed. Just please remember the good times if things don't work out...we would LOVE to have you back.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

I guess it was more than we could hope to keep him in BC... :sigh:

He will be missed greatly.

So long Rob and best of luck down south :beer:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

We (NW) reported this over a week ago.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
David
Team Captain

Well this sucks right before Christmas. :bawl:

Still, he hasn't signed on the dotted line.....yet. And stranger things have happened (witness Dante Marsh and the Kansas City Chiefs last off-season).

Still, if Rob has played his last game in orange and black, I would like to thank him for his stellar work on the offensive line this past season and wish him well.

I normally don't pay too much attention to O-line play, but Rob Murphy made me pay special attention this year. He will be missed.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This is only a hunch, but after seeing the tears in Murphy's eyes and the hugs from his wife at the CFL Awards and the Grey Cup game, and hearing how much he enjoyed playing this season and wants to settle down somewhere with his family, I'm expected him to test the NFL waters but sign a lucrative long-term deal with the Lions.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I'm expected him to test the NFL waters but sign a lucrative long-term deal with the Lions.
Not sure the Lions could make a better deal than what his current real estate business does for him. It's been said his wife wants to start a family as well. He may just take his NFL pension and do real estate deals down south.

If he does come back I don't see it being a long term deal...maybe two years tops...
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Bummer. Significant loss. Albeit not an entirely unexpected one.

Ok, Obie, you're on the clock.
swervin
Rookie

Weak, he bums around the nfl for 6 years and still cant take the hint that he's not really wanted down there. Some people will never learn.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

HUGE loss. His signing may have been the most important key reason for winning the Grey Cup, other than chappy getting a slap upside the head. My most favourite memory was him turning montford into a little girl. :yes:

Please come back!