CKNW - Chapdelaine gone!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Jim Mullin
Team Captain

To Edmonton as OC more on 12:15
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Blue Fan

ESKIMOS NAME CHAPDELAINE NEW COORDINATOR
JOHN SOKOLOWSKI
Monday, December 11, 2006 - 02:10PM

EDMONTON (CFL.ca wire) -- The Edmonton Eskimos announced on Monday they have hired Jacques Chapdelaine as the club?s offensive coordinator and assistant head coach.

Chapdelaine comes to the Eskimos after four years with the B.C. Lions, the last two as their offensive coordinator. He began his coaching career at Bishop?s University in 1990 as offensive coordinator. In 1992, he got his first pro coaching job as special teams and receivers coach for the Toronto Argonauts. Two years later, he returned to Bishop?s as the offensive coordinator before moving on to Laval in 1997 as head coach. He led the Rouge et Or to the Vanier Cup championship in 1999. Chapdelaine returned to the CFL in 2001 as the Calgary Stampeders? special teams and receivers coach. The Stamps won the Grey Cup in 2001 and Chapdelaine was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2002.

?Jacques is an outstanding offensive coach and he?s enjoyed great success at both the CIS and CFL levels,? said Eskimos head coach and director of football operations Danny Maciocia.

Chapdelaine was drafted out of Simon Fraser University in the first round of the 1983 draft by the B.C. Lions. He played seven seasons in the CFL with B.C., Montreal, Hamilton and Calgary.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

WOW... :shock:

That came out of the blue! SFU alumni is going to be disapointed and I thought Wally might have offered him the assistant HC role here as some kind of promotion to keep him happy.

Congrats to Chaps and thanks for your work here the past four seasons. :thup:

Barrett heading back to B.C. is our new OC?
squishy35
Legend

I really hope not.... :no:
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Maybe JChap figures Edmonton is a faster way to become a HC than BC was......

Hello Matt Dunigan?
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Tighthead
Legend

Very surprised. I figured Wally would hand the reigns to Chaps eventually.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Maybe JChap figures Edmonton is a faster way to become a HC than BC was......

Hello Matt Dunigan?
Could be... although Wally has hinted that retiring from coaching was not too far around the corner for him. I thought Chaps might have been tagged has his potential replacement.

Dunigan would be intriguing. Maybe just make DD the OC as well as the number one QB. :lol:
Wally!
Starter

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charlene

I'm not sure if this is good or not!

Wasn't expecting it to happen though
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well good luck to him. It wrankles that he is taking the whole Lions Offensive play book to Edmonton of all teams but what can you do?
Offensive Coordinator hmmm Blitz, are you interested in a new job?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

So.... does this mean Buratto will be back next season???
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Larry Key wrote:So.... does this mean Buratto will be back next season???
Not as long as Pasquale is here
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Well Shi Zi Mi will be happy. But his preferred successor is already signed up in Calgary in Cortez.

Is his son not going to University there as well? May have played a roll.

The big question is who replaces him? If Burrato is headed to Toronto...that does leave Barrett available...could Shivers AND Barrett be working for the Lions soon?
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
David
Team Captain

This is not good news on many levels.

1) I like continuity (especially following Grey Cup Championship seasons).

2) after some dubious schemes/decisions in 2005, I thought Chap bounced back nicely and did a very credible job with the offence last season.

3) now the guy making decisions for a division foe knows the inner workings of our team.

4) the chairs in this game of "musical coaches" have mostly been filled. With Cortez gone, will we be able to find a competent replacement?

I wonder if this received Wally's blessing?

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Holy cow did THAT ever come out of left field! :shock: I'm a little curious as to why he's making what is essentially a sideways move, unless it's like what previous posters have said, and he has a better chance of moving into the big chair down the road. Not sure how I feel about the possibility of DB coming back here, if he is indeed the only guy left in the CFL Recyclo-Tron. We'll see! 8)
Real women wear orange!!