Official 2006 Seattle Seahawks Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since this site supported the Seattle Seahawks whole-heartedly earlier this year when they made it all the way to the Super Bowl, I'm assuming there will be a lot of discussion on them again this year. So let this serve as the official Seattle Seahawks thread.

It looks like most of you found the soccer game between Toronto and Hamilton yesterday to be rather boring, with all the scores coming off kicks. Then I guess you found the Seahawks season opener today against the Detroit Lions to be rather boring too. It was a real big defensive game with neither team being able to get into the end zone. In the end, the Seahawks squeaked out a winner on a Josh Brown field goal on the last play of the game.
nelson95
Legend

Seahawks lucky that Lions had no QB.

Teams gunning for Seattle this season
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I didnt see the game, dont know if I could have, but I was sure surprised by the score. Did seattle underacheive that bad, or is detroit improved? Would love to see another lions team worth cheering for :cr:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
LFITQ
Team Captain

Just a word of warning Robbie...

I think there are MANY on this site who follow the Seahawks..

I'm not sure if a single thread is going to be sufficient. Nor is it mandatory.

Feel free to start various threads in this section on the 'Hawks. No need to leave them all in just one thread ... (same can be said about other sports too not just the 'Hawks)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Robbie
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Just a word of warning Robbie...

I'm not sure if a single thread is going to be sufficient. Nor is it mandatory.
Perhaps....we'll see.

Since the Super Bowl, there has been minimal discussion on the Seahawks. In that NFL Pre-Season thread that I created, there was minimal discussion too. And nobody created an official game day thread today for the Seahawks season opener.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Robbie wrote: And nobody created an official game day thread today for the Seahawks season opener.
Feel free to do so yourself next time.

I was busy this morning so didn't watch much of the game and then once the CFL game started that was for sure the end of the Hawks game for me.

I'll get into the NFL after the Grey Cup. And then after the SuperBowl I will get into the NHL (maybe).
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I didn't enjoy the Hawks much yesterday. It looked as though their O-line just wasn't getting it done for the running game. It's one of those funny football things. When the run works it's the running back, when it doesn't it's the O-line.

Once the CFL season is over, I may catch a Hawks game down in Seattle. I'm really emberrassed to admit as a born/raised Vancouverite, I've never been to check out the Emerald City.
Charlene

I only got to watch the end of it...i was happy to see them start the "cursed" season in a positive way! GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Once the CFL season is over, I may catch a Hawks game down in Seattle. I'm really emberrassed to admit as a born/raised Vancouverite, I've never been to check out the Emerald City.
In an earlier thread, there was discussion about how all Seahawks home games already been sold out. So good luck getting a ticket.
smphantom
Legend

Patriots trade WR Branch to Seahawks

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=177163&hubname=
Stay thirsty my friends.
Black99GT

Robbie wrote:
notahomer wrote:Once the CFL season is over, I may catch a Hawks game down in Seattle. I'm really emberrassed to admit as a born/raised Vancouverite, I've never been to check out the Emerald City.
In an earlier thread, there was discussion about how all Seahawks home games already been sold out. So good luck getting a ticket.
well there is an option to get tickets even though they are sold out, you can just use the Season Ticket Holders Ticket Exchange at Seahawks.com...thats how i get my seattle sonics tickets for way cheaper, but i checked the seahawks ones, expensive...
nelson95
Legend

Single game tix sold out in 20 minutes. Try Ebay.

2 years ago they couldn't sell out home playoff vs rams. Kinda Canuck-like with the bandwagoneers
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
rickhale
Starter

Dont know what to think of the hawks right now. Its still early and next week will probably kick a little hiney! And to Notahomer You are a lucky man to have never set foot in to the Kingdome. That place smelled like pee. :no: :roar:
Pretty girls make us buy beer.
Ugly girls make us drink beer.
Al Bundy 1988
notahomer
Hall of Famer

rickhale wrote: And to Notahomer You are a lucky man to have never set foot in to the Kingdome. That place smelled like pee. :no: :roar:
:shock: Glad I missed out! I'm not too worried about scoring tickets. Where there's a will, there's a way (translation-I'm paying through the nose for a place to put my butt however I've been waiting since 1976.....).

As for the Hawks trade for a reciever, they were a little thin at times last year but they seemed to have a tough time running the ball against the Lions. We'll see...only game one.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I actually kind of miss the Kingdome.