Fast-Food Poll #1: Favourite Hamburger Chain

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

What is your favourite fast-food hamburger chain?

A & W
14%
Arby's
7%
Burger King
11%
Dairy Queen
7%
Harvey's
21%
McDonald's
14%
Wendy's
25%

Total votes: 28
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since this forum is called the snack bar and I haven't seen this issue discussed before, I'm going to bring up a poll that I've often seen on other message forums. I'm curious to see what kinds of fast-food my fellow Lionbackers like, so I'm going to create some polls. To try to keep the comparisons as much as Apples vs. Apples as possible, I will be creating a total of four polls, each one dealing with different types of fast food:

1. Hamburgers
2. Fried Chicken
3. Submarine Sandwiches
4. Donuts

For the poll options, I will put down various popular fast-food chains that have franchises in the Lower Mainland. If I miss any, just let me know. I will only put down franchised chain restaurants to keep the comparisons as consistent as possible.

This first poll will deal with fast-food chains that specialize in hamburgers, and I've listed what I think are the main franchises in greater Vancouver. In that list, what is your favourite and why?

For me, each place has its own unique specialities, but I'd say my two favourites are McDonald's and Arby's and it is completely for sentimental reasons. I grew up eating from those two franchises most often and I used to enjoy collecting all the McDonaldland toys. I also worked at an Arby's for a while.

I've also noticed that when it comes to Arby's, it seems like the franchises have suffered quite a bit in recent years. There used to be so many individual stores, but now they all seemed to have been reduced to outlets at food courts in shopping centres. I miss the drive-in option at A & W.

I cannot say I really enjoyed Wendy's hamburgers.
Last edited by Robbie on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rammer
Team Captain

'CFL football site had better have a Wendy's option. :rockin:
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

to rank

1a- Harvey's
1b- White spot
2a- Dairy Queen
2b- Wendy's
3 - A & W
5 - Burger King
7 - McDonald's
x - Arby's
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

how about pizza.

and donair

and taco

and
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

I don't have a favorite place so I'll rank my burger picks in order of quality.

Excellent

DQ
Wendy's

Good
A&W
Arby's

Fair
McD's
Burger King

Don't think I've had Harvey's yet but they look pretty good.
Gerry
Legend

Harveys are excellent.

White Spot doesn't really specialize in burgers, but they are well known for them, and theirs are definitely my favourite.
Enough is enough.
Arny
Champion

Hmmm, let's see...here, we don't have Burger King, don't have Arby's, don't have Harvey's, so I would have to go with either Triple O's or Wendy's.

When I'm in the States, I like Carl's Jr.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Harvey's is yummmmy! They used to have one right on Douglas St. by the Swiss Chalet, but now the only one is inside the Home Depot out in Langford-crap, now I'm craving a Harvey's burger-thanks guys! :lol: :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
LFITQ
Team Captain

A & W - We have 2 of them
Arby's - closest one is 120 km's away
Burger King - closest one is 120 km's
Dairy Queen - we have one but no drive thru - pain in the butt
Harvey's - I don't even know where the closest one is - probably 700kms away
McDonald's - we have 1.5 of these (one is inside Walmart so only is .5)
Wendy's - closest one is 120km's

As for favourite.

I like A&W because of their colour scheme.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Black99GT

i dont eat burgers that often but last time i ate onewas before a friday night football game on tsn...i went and brought it back home... i had that triple pattie one from wendys, i was so full LOL
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:White Spot doesn't really specialize in burgers, but they are well known for them, and theirs are definitely my favourite.
Actually, I think White Spot is best known for their specialty hamburgers with their triple O sauce. But I didn't list them because they are not fast-food.....unless perhaps if I count the Triple O joints came out a few years ago...
O'Shea

I admit to having a thing for White Spot burgers now & then, it might have something to do with the slice of dill and triple O sauce. Then again, maybe it just brings back fond memories of infrequent visits to the drive-in on Granville as a kid and having a pirate pack delivered to the car... how I loved to save those gold coins. With that said, I don't particularly care for the Triple O joints though... their burgers really aren't the same for some reason. :roll:
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:A & W - We have 2 of them
Arby's - closest one is 120 km's away
Burger King - closest one is 120 km's
Dairy Queen - we have one but no drive thru - pain in the butt
Harvey's - I don't even know where the closest one is - probably 700kms away
McDonald's - we have 1.5 of these (one is inside Walmart so only is .5)
Wendy's - closest one is 120km's

As for favourite.

I like A&W because of their colour scheme.
Sounds like you are at least 130KMs from civilization, and an afterthought.....don't go and complain about sevices to your area, when the fast food joints won't even show up, all is lost.....;)
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Gerry wrote:White Spot doesn't really specialize in burgers, but they are well known for them, and theirs are definitely my favourite.
Actually, I think White Spot is best known for their specialty hamburgers with their triple O sauce. But I didn't list them because they are not fast-food.....unless perhaps if I count the Triple O joints came out a few years ago...
thats interesting about them not being considered fast food now. In 59 when I first came to canada, I remember the original White spot Drive-in on Granville, near where my grandfather lived, as being my first "fast food" experience. I know of at least one White Spot that still brings food to cars. Funny how White Spot and A&W were once direct competitors and now have gone in almost oposite directions.
I suppose you right that they no longer fast food, but I cant stop thinking of them as such.
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Robbie wrote:
thats interesting about them not being considered fast food now. In 59 when I first came to canada, I remember the original White spot Drive-in on Granville, near where my grandfather lived, as being my first "fast food" experience. I know of at least one White Spot that still brings food to cars. Funny how White Spot and A&W were once direct competitors and now have gone in almost oposite directions.
I suppose you right that they no longer fast food, but I cant stop thinking of them as such.
Your Surrey location near Guilford being one that I know of, and another being the Lougheed and Gilmore also caters IIRC.