Game Day Thread: Lions vs. Stamps Jul 24

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Only 329 total yards by Calgary? Seems much worse than that. Their offence hasn't been *that* good, we've just been absolutely dreadful. I've seen some stinkers from this team, but this is looking like a new low.

And if our defence is getting so tired from being on the field so much, why isn't their offence tired too?
Area51
All Star

Congrats to Gary Buono for his first knockdown of a QB this season. Unfortunately it was after the ball was released, and it cost BC 15 yds, but at least he made contact. No doubt that's going to get some positive feedback in film session this week. "Good job Gary, you really got him"!
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Pierce is back in? WTF?
Bobbyp
Champion

Great idea to go hurry up offence now if they can get a quick 36 points we win. Im starting to think Wally has concussion problems too.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
ziggy
Legend

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Only 329 total yards by Calgary? Seems much worse than that. Their offence hasn't been *that* good, we've just been absolutely dreadful. I've seen some stinkers from this team, but this is looking like a new low.

And if our defence is getting so tired from being on the field so much, why isn't their offence tired too?
You're not serious right, you do realize the offence knows where the play is going.
Last edited by ziggy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

DD looks like he has pity on the Leos.
Bobbyp
Champion

Whats the most lopsided loss in history of the Lions
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
ziggy
Legend

Run it up, revenge is sweet!
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

ziggy wrote:
Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Only 329 total yards by Calgary? Seems much worse than that. Their offence hasn't been *that* good, we've just been absolutely dreadful. I've seen some stinkers from this team, but this is looking like a new low.

You're not serious right, you do realize the offence knows where the play is going.
Well, on some teams it does...
ziggy
Legend

Run it up, revenge is sweet!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The Lion O plays are too predictable. This stuff needs a change and maybe its time for Kruck - dorazio to take over and let the receivers coach develop some of these young receivers. He has a poor record as an RC when it comes to developing guys.

On D, the longer the ghost of Ritchie has been put behind, the worse the D looks.

ST - awful.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
ziggy
Legend

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Well, on some teams it does...
My point exactly.
Bobbyp
Champion

Wow those Movado watches start around 900 Canadian
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Well they picked the Wally Buonohead play of the night as the game's turning point and that was Buono's idea of punting out from the back of the end zone! It seemed from that point on that woke up Calgary who had earlier on the BC TD had two guys fighting each other and a cool H Burris at QB and no touches for Reynolds.

It maybe time for the coaches to do some looking in the mirrors for some answers.

WB has let his O be too predictable and his ST suck and his D stray from the Ritchie thinking. That combined with some questionable player dumpings since mid season last year has made this team fall from perennial contender to pretender.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
LFITQ
Team Captain

Glad you stayed up to watch that one Toppy?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??