CKNW - Chapdelaine gone!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Lionut wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:I don't mind that he's finally gone, that much I am relieved of, but the late hour at which he decides to go I take exception with.
Late hour? :? The Grey Cup was less than a month ago, and it's not even Christmas yet. This is exactly the time of year for moves like this to take place. Now, if he had bailed in late March, I'm with you, but December is almost always the window for coaching moves all over football.
By "late hour" I am implying that there were two excellent OCs in Cortez and Burratto available before the WF.

If Chap was getting itchy feet after the GC the decent thing to do was to give Wally his notice that he might take a better offer elsewhere if it came along.

A least Wally could have been in the drivers seat instead of playing the loyal but jilted lover! :bang:
While I agree that it would have been ideal to have a shot at Cortez or Buratto(not that Wally would ever take him back though), since Buratto was the Eskimo's choice for OC, Cortez would have been wrapped up before Chapdelaine had been signed. So no matter what, the way things shook out this off season, the Lions would be looking for someone other than the best choice out there in Cortez.
Entertainment value = an all time low