TSN Reports Printers Headed to the CFL

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

I think it will be TO but I sure hope it is Hamilton.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
DerekDD
Starter

Unreal how all this is happening. Just like a James Bond movie.
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

Lion Guy wrote:http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=217647&hubname=

OK...so what's your guess?? Hamilton I say.
Why so secret?
Seems like NW is sensationalizing the story a little bit. "The next 24 hours" will tell....

Hamilton is my guess too, but I would love to see Toronto.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

1. Hamilton 2. Toronto

Look out though if Braley gets involved.
120dB
Legend

So what is the deadline for putting Dickenson on the 9 week injury list? I thought that deadline had passed. Or was it the guaranteed contract deadline for players with 6 or more years of experience that passed on August 31 ?
ryant
Rookie

How many times and ways can this be explained to you 120 ...there is no deadline to be put on the 9 game. A person can be put on it at any time during the season (yes...even when there is less than 9 games left in the season)
120dB
Legend

Then what was Lowell talking about when he said Wally had "regrets" about not putting Dave on the 9 gamer earlier?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:I guess I have a direct question with a simple answer for 120db.

Are you a BC Lions fan, a Casey Printers fan, or just someone who wants to be involved in and around big events?
For some reason I have this mental image of 120dB ensconced in his basement bunker with his tv, radio and computer, clutching a black sharpie... his hand poised over a large piece of virgin white cardboard, anxiously awaiting news of CP's signing to continue long-delayed work on his latest piece of word art: a CASEY! banner.

I say continue because he has already long since finished the S, the E and the exclamation mark.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Don Miller
Legend

This fs from the Hamilton spectator newspaper http://www.thespec.com/Sports/Local%20S ... cle/243876
Looks like Hamilton are offering CP a contract offer..
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

If it wasn't for Casey Printers, NOISE and big events what would 120db have to post ?
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:If it wasn't for Casey Printers, NOISE and big events what would 120db have to post ?
:whs:
LFITQ
Team Captain

120dB wrote:Then what was Lowell talking about when he said Wally had "regrets" about not putting Dave on the 9 gamer earlier?
It's simple. Dickenson is going on week 6 (I think) of being out of commission. If he had been put on the list earlier then we would be at the 6 game point with only 3 remaining. Putting Dickenson on the 9 gamer NOW would mean he is completely unavailable for the NEXT 9 games - basically the rest of the season. If he recovers sooner than those 9 games then it is tough luck he still has to sit. If Wally had put him on the 9 gamer way back at the beginning of the injury, then as DD gets closer to recovery, we would still have the option of using him should he be back to his old self.

So it's all boils down to options. If he puts DD on the 9 gamer sooner he frees up some salary room and can use DD for the playoff run. If he puts DD on the 9 gamer now, he runs the risk of not being able to use him for a playoff run.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

what happens to buck and jarius if we sign printers long term?
LFITQ
Team Captain

I believe both are signed to "longer" term deals so they would probably stay right where they are.

I can see CP #1, BP #2, JJ #3.

If anyone moves it might be JJ so they can bring in a 3rd QB to develop as well. It will also depend on how BP takes it. I wouldn't expect him to be anything by the consummate team player (has he shown us that he is anything but??), but if he doesn't like it he may request a trade, and I'm sure there are a few teams out there that would be interested.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

sheesh, not only are Ham fans anxious to get Printers, but they want Geroy as well. They are speculating that he wants to play with Printers and is unhappy here, and\or with Wally.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back