Roughriders at Lions, September 24, 2021

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

In my previous post I said I couldn't comprehend how BC wound up 3rd and 2 on the Reilly scramble. I now can. I just pulled up the game on Youtube and watched that play again closely. Unfortunately I have to admit that the spot was pretty good. When his knee first hit the carpet the ball was at no more than the 28-1/2 yard line, a full 1-1/2 yards short. Tough to make the Youtube clip stop at the precise moment his knee touched but for sure ball was at no better than 28-1/2 yard line. Riders might have benefitted a foot at most from the spot and Campbell no doubt would have still punted at 3rd and 1-1/2 from his own 28-1/2. And of course how could he predict that Flintoft, leading the CFL with a 49.7 yard season average at that point, would suddenly come up with a 26 yard clunker.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
maxlion
Legend

Agreed on the Reilly spot. He fell forward a couple yards after his knee touched.

I also tried to look at the possible no yards on the Whitehead fumble. I couldn't really tell with complete certainty but I wouldn't fault the officials on that one.

On the Fajardo TD, I will take the word of the guy in the Keg lineup. :roar:
maxlion
Legend

DanoT wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:49 pm
aklawitter wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:01 am
maxlion wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:55 pm
I don't understand why Lions didn't go for the 2 pts on their last TD.
math hard head hurt :clown: :bang:
The math would have been self explanatory if Camacho had of made that late game FG.
The math is not difficult but I thought at the time that it was a bad decision and events proved it to be so. If they had made the 2 points, they would have been 7 points up. The Fajardo TD and convert would tie the game and send it to OT. Instead, the 1 pt convert put them 6 points up, which isn't much different from being 5 up. The consequence was that the Fajardo TD and convert won them the game. The Camacho miss was incidental to this.
David
Team Captain

maxlion wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:59 pm
On the Fajardo TD, I will take the word of the guy in the Keg lineup. :roar:
:whs:

:wink:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:06 pm
DanoT wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:49 pm
aklawitter wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:01 am

math hard head hurt :clown: :bang:
The math would have been self explanatory if Camacho had of made that late game FG.
The math is not difficult but I thought at the time that it was a bad decision and events proved it to be so. If they had made the 2 points, they would have been 7 points up. The Fajardo TD and convert would tie the game and send it to OT. Instead, the 1 pt convert put them 6 points up, which isn't much different from being 5 up. The consequence was that the Fajardo TD and convert won them the game. The Camacho miss was incidental to this.
Campbell had a brain fart when he decided to go for 1 point. Not just because the Lions might (did) lose if Sask scored a TD and made the convert, but also because the Lions would have lost the season series if Sask kicked a FG and the Lions only won by 3 points.