Lions vs. Red Blacks Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

swervynmerv
Legend

How the heck does that play get made!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Embarrassing pass coverage there. Unreal
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:How can the Lions allowed a 44 yard pass play with seconds to go ?
Cover 2 zone.
Alputt
Champion

Need to contain that blitz second half. Jennings is getting a bit rattled I think.
David
Team Captain

1st half highlights:

* Too much 'chunk' yardage given up by the secondary. Stewart hasn't impressed me much since coming over from Hamilton.

* Leone clearly winning the battle on punts, giving us a clear field position edge.

* Jennings taking a long time to find open receivers. Are they not getting separation. Are we missing that 'big play' receiver?

* O-line started well, but they're getting beaten on 4 man rushes.

This game has me worried. Many half-time adjustments needed.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Opponents have figured out Jennings' hot reads going back to 2nd half of Hamilton game. He looks unsure and confused. Never seen him run this much. Jones hasn't made adjustments. 71 yards passing.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions very fortunate to be only trailing 3 points at the half. Coverage teams awful. Offence need to counter the Ottawa rush
Alputt
Champion

On Ottawas side Harris with his receiver core is dangerous, he already has over 200 yards on those long bombs.
Blitz
Team Captain

David wrote:1st half highlights:

* Too much 'chunk' yardage given up by the secondary. Stewart hasn't impressed me much since coming over from Hamilton.

* Leone clearly winning the battle on punts, giving us a clear field position edge.

* Jennings taking a long time to find open receivers. Are they not getting separation. Are we missing that 'big play' receiver?

* O-line started well, but they're getting beaten on 4 man rushes.

This game has me worried. Many half-time adjustments needed.

Me too. Hamilton's offence was a bit slow to start the game, giving us opportunity but we didn't do much.

Harris is warming up now.

Our offensive line looks awful. Get Steward and Vaillencourt back in there. Johnson too..Adcock looks slow.

Ottawa is mixing their defense...man and zone....blitz and no blitz. On second and four, in the first half, we didn't have a receiver running anything shorter than a 15 yard deep pattern. Not acceptable.

Our receivers are not getting separation.

DH :cool:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Alputt
Champion

We need the O line and the D secondary to step up big time.
swervynmerv
Legend

Some good adjustments in the first drive, well until we got to 1st and goal :bang: :bang:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Another sack. Has Khari Jones ever heard of quick passes ? Opportunity squandered
swervynmerv
Legend

And we end up with zero points. Come on Leone!

Sorry, my mistake, 1 POINT :yahoo:
Last edited by swervynmerv on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

First and goal run for 2, sacked off a three-man rush, then missed FG. Missed opportunity to start the second half.
Alputt
Champion

Godammit Leone!?! I love you punts but miss the days of Lui or McCallum.

You take it for granted don't you?